Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else encountered this?

My '03 gave me every indication that I had a tire blow out this morning when passing on the highway. After slowing down as qucikly as possible to saftely exit the highway (i.e. not immediately), the noice (and feel) started to disappear and was gone by the time I decclerated on the exit ramp. All four tires are fine, the doors and rear hatch were completely closed, and all of the body panels are intact. I just can't figure it out. My car definitely has the rear clicking issue and generally makes a bit of noise while braking (although there aren't any visable signs of tire feathering).

I'm wondering if this is a symptom of what happens next with the clicking issue...

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
i was not aware of the clicking issue.. but the tire feathering happens around 20-35mph.. not at highway speeds..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Promlem located. "Newbie" was certainly an appropriate title for me on this one. It turns out that the noise returned on my drive home. I exited the highway yet again and found nothing wrong. However, when I finally got back to my house I gave the car a very complete inspection and determined that I missed the obvious. The plastic underbelly under the radiator had come undone. It makes a horrendous noise on the highway and I feel pretty stupid for not catching it before I posted here, but at least it isn't a major problem. Sorry to waste the Forum space.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Waste space? No. Definitely not. That could easily happen to someone else, and now they know what to look for. Glad you were able to figure it out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts