Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
350z gas gauge fix

My son recently gave me his 2004 350z (October 2022) with about 100k miles. It has a few minor problems to take care of. He has previously replaced the floats in both sides of the gas tank (behind the seats) but the gas gauge isn't working again. I was getting ready to replace them (again!) but read somewhere (maybe here?) that using a fuel cleaner solved the problem. The person giving the advice used Super Tech (walmart's brand of auto products) Motor Treatment (about &7.50) to solve the problem. I figured I'd try the same thing before buying expensive parts and doing the labor myself.

I had a minimal amount of gas in my tank when I put the product in (at Walmart's parking lot just after buying it). I drove less than a mile to the grocery store. My gas gauge was already reading something again. I decided I should have more than a few (maybe 5?) gallons of gas in the tank so I went from the grocery store to a gas station about half a mile away and put in another five gallons of gas. Per the instructions I had read online, I didn't fill the tank. I drove home, giving the concentrated product a chance to work its magic! (The gas gauge already read almost half full though!)

A while later I went on another errand. I decided to go ahead and fill the tank. When I did, my gas gauge read FULL. Hallelulah! My non working gas gauge appears to be fixed! (Btw, I bought a second bottle of Super Tech Motor Treatment in case the first use didn't totally fix the problem. I'm going to go ahead and use it with my next fill-up just for good measure.)

I heartily suggest you try this fix yourself before changing any parts on your car. For just $7.50 plus tax this product fixed my problem. Maybe it will fix yours too! Be sure to post here if it does! This was WAY easier than replacing parts!

Bottle Liquid Automotive tire Fluid Alcoholic beverage

1 - 2 of 2 Posts