Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the speed way to race the z and did ok. I couldnt hook up and keeped spinning at the launch. I found out at the last race that its better to just take off graually at about 1.5-2k rpm. Here is the slips from all 4 runs. What you guys think.. Better R/T and 60' for sure lol at those times.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well I can't really tell which one is you. Both of the times on the slips look average for a 350Z. I ran a 14.3 when I went. Yeah I found out if you slip the clutch a little when taking off you will take off better. Drag racing is always a blast!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
opps I cant really get a better picture. Can some one fix. best was a 14.476. Also it was 350z and car I raced in black at the top.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Not bad for a first time. Keep practicing your launches and get better tires. That should help.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I think Slicks would be cool. Im running new good year eagle f1.... are those good enough 275/40/18 in rear droped down to 20psi

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
I did a strip once - yeah it was fun no doubt - I hit high 12s through mid 14s. The thing that F'd me every time was the launch...I found keeping traction control on and letting the car decide was best.

I also laughed my ass off at all those people doing burnouts with non-slick tires...

I was in a red-neck town (grand junction, colorado) and everyone there had something domestic and did not like my car at all...

were you able to hit 100mph?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts