Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to break in the Z as per the manual - nothing over 4,000 until 1,200 miles.

Well, today, we finally(!) hit that mark. Let me tell you, I was liking the pull from the engine up to four grand - but oh, Daddy, from 4-6k is like night and day. :shiftdrive: This is going to be a wonderful relationship. (and the CAI growls up in that band, too.)

Reminds me a bit of my 03 Mach 1 - just not as much front end lift.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:clap: Now we're talking! Now go find some tunnels, deserted business districts, and finally some twisties.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man - I'm 54 and when I drop into the cockpit and fire it up, I feel 24.

This car rocks. Corners so well, I'm saving up for new Toyo's starting now. :cheers:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
You live in NC...it's time for you to look forward to Zdayz this fall or next spring.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Z days?

Is that Tail of the Dragon?

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by RUFDRAFT@Sep 4 2005, 03:04 PM
I decided to break in the Z as per the manual - nothing over 4,000 until 1,200 miles.

Well, today, we finally(!) hit that mark. Let me tell you, I was liking the pull from the engine up to four grand - but oh, Daddy, from 4-6k is like night and day. :shiftdrive: This is going to be a wonderful relationship. (and the CAI growls up in that band, too.)

Cheers.
[snapback]152392[/snapback]​

Wait til she reaches 26,000 and you've had it shifting at 6,000 a lot!! Man the exhaust gets really deep! I'm not sure I want to get the Borla just yet...I'm enjoying the the change the OEM one is making!!

Glad you can open the Z up now!! :shiftdrive: :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Originally posted by shezzzhot+Sep 4 2005, 09:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-RUFDRAFT
@Sep 4 2005, 03:04 PM

Cheers.
[snapback]152392[/snapback]​

Wait til she reaches 26,000 and you've had it shifting at 6,000 a lot!! Man the exhaust gets really deep! I'm not sure I want to get the Borla just yet...I'm enjoying the the change the OEM one is making!!

Glad you can open the Z up now!! :shiftdrive: :shiftdrive:
[snapback]152494[/snapback]​

What happens at 26K miles?

·
Registered
91 Posts
grrr cant wait till iget 1200 miles...i only have 280..school has started and i use my beater! cant waiiitt! i am sure uloved it!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went to ZDayZ site and it sounds great.

I had a Miata (what was I thinking?) in '01 and almost went with that bunch, but couldn't.

The wifey and I are making plans to be there next year. The site has a great vid of 2 Z's Taming the Tail! I'll bring along some fresh brake pads. :shiftdrive:

(now - if I can just stop hitting my elbow on the armrest when I shift...)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
derangedtoolman (I'm afraid to ask you abou that...!)

Hang in there, man. It might not make a difference whether you wait for 1,200 or not, but if you're planning on keeping the Z for a while, why not wait?

Good luck with your classes. I teach English at East Carolina University (Go Pirates!) :cheers:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Originally posted by RUFDRAFT@Sep 6 2005, 10:26 PM
I went to ZDayZ site and it sounds great.

I had a Miata (what was I thinking?) in '01 and almost went with that bunch, but couldn't.

The wifey and I are making plans to be there next year. The site has a great vid of 2 Z's Taming the Tail! I'll bring along some fresh brake pads. :shiftdrive:

(now - if I can just stop hitting my elbow on the armrest when I shift...)
[snapback]153086[/snapback]​

You will LOVE Zdayz. We will probably have a group of Z's going next year ( from North Carolina) You should join us. My wife will be going as well. :goodtimes:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We're in "Little Washington."

And, we'd like to drive out with you. I've just met a group in Greenville. I'll let you know if any of them plan on going. PM me if you have a good place to stay?

Thanks - Bryan

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally posted by RUFDRAFT@Sep 6 2005, 06:29 PM
derangedtoolman (I'm afraid to ask you abou that...!)

Hang in there, man. It might not make a difference whether you wait for 1,200 or not, but if you're planning on keeping the Z for a while, why not wait?

Good luck with your classes. I teach English at East Carolina University (Go Pirates!) :cheers:
[snapback]153087[/snapback]​

dont worry the SN is from 7th grade when tool was my favorite band...and i cant really think of anyhting else...but yea i am going ot wait since i am going to keep the car for atleast a good 6 years.

i am still in highschool sadly but i am planning to go to one of the top 5 or 4 University of California's wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Let me know if you have any questions about college classes, you hear? :cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.