Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cheers: had my first race in the Z 128 south on sat about 10am in the rain go figure?Well anyway a saw a wrx flying up my rear so i stayed doing 70mph he come right up my azz and then jumps out to my rt so a down shift and nail it slow pulled at first and at upper rpm pulled hard on him went up to 110 and hit the hazards he was 4 cars behind. so i shut it down. and then last night a dumb civic like a 2000 is revibg at me at a traffic light, ming you my car is stock no tints, or even rear lip spoiler, nothing. so my girl looks at me and says smack his car and putem in his place(she never says that), still raining so i dont even get on it till 3rd and he falls like a rock. i didnt expect him to hang around but still why even try???

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh was not sure if it was wrx or sti had the same exhaust as sti and wheels but i know thats an option on them? also was surprised at the Z I had a evo that was making 365 whp so i'm impressed with the Z.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Just be careful when racing on the street. There were at least 3 street race related deaths in the 350z online community in the last 6 weeks or so, and brother, not in the rain. Stock tires suck in the rain, and at speeds topping 100+, you are lucky to have kept it on the pavement. Not to be a bummer, or naysayer, but we want all our Z people safe and sound. Take it to a track, and you will be much safer, not to mention, other people around you will be much safer too...:thumbsup: Keep the shiny side up....

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
racing in the rain in boston when it's cold and icy. smart! :)

be careful...i don't want to read about you in the boston globe! d'oh!

where in boston are you from?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cambridge and yea i know it was dumb but only rain it was 50 degress on saturday. and highway was very light traffic.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
cambridge and yea i know it was dumb but only rain it was 50 degress on saturday. and highway was very light traffic.
only rain..........rain is rain, and you can hydroplane VERY easily w/ stock tires........just FYI...........

link to whole thread

Hey guys Just thought i would share this. On my way from Hilton Head Island south carolina to north carolina today via I95 another PPW 350z pulls up behind me(my 04 is PPW) so were playing around acctually topped her out at 130mph or so Having a blast. Then it starts to pour rain. So I slow down to 55mph or so and bam i see 3 inches of standing water about 15 feet in length... I hydroplane do 360 turn then a 180 and go backwards into the bushes and am wedged between 2 huge trees beating up my passenger side badly and taking out a couple of small trees. well i'm like shi* this sux get out to see how bad it is and no more than 70 ft up the road is the other PPW 350z I was playing with 10 min or so before. The other Z had slide passenger side down on the ground and was leaning on a tree. So I move some bushes outa the way and he hops right out. We were both only a little bruised but fine. I got pix with my cell phone but there lo quality and i dont know how to upload them online when i figure it out Ill post. Neither of our airbags deploy!! what BS. So as it turns out 7 vehicles in all hydroplaned around the same time. 2 vehicles crashed and a 18 wheeler with a flatbed full of steel beams jack knifed and rolled his cab dumping these 50 ft steel beams on the Interstate. Crazy shi* and we all got tickets for driving to fast for conditions even though its obvious the road isnt draining properly. Too make it short I hung out with Chad the other Z driver while our cars got towed and got him the NC as he was on his way the VA beach thanx to my parents. So should I let the insurance company rebuild the car? I think i can get a depreciation check for damages even though its my (natures) fault. I owe 21k and its bluebooking at 26k so either way im good might look at a s2000 but i dunno i loved my Z. Anyways had to vent this cant sleep too much adrenaline still pumping.

Oh yea he had a track and mines base guess traction control and brembos dont help when theres water envolved.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
and brother, not in the rain. Stock tires suck in the rain, and at speeds topping 100+, you are lucky to have kept it on the pavement.

:werd:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts