Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/lilsilkk1112/DYNORESIZE.jpg');}" />

The 236HP pull was with only JWT Intake and Tanabe Super Racing Exhaust.

The 242HP pull was with the Kinetix V3 (black plastic) Plenum added.

NOTES: 1) Conditions were not ideal at 90 degrees and humid.
2) Car is daily driven with 45k miles on the odometer. May need tuneup.
3) Car is running rich which is surprising with bolt-ons on the Z.
4) Note a 2ft. lb. TQ loss with the Kinetix Plenum?!

I am planning on going back this weekend to add the Unorthodox Pulley and Test Pipes, then running 2 more pulls. Hopefully will see at least 250-255whp and an increase in the TQ numbers.

Of course headers and ECU reflash will help as well, but those are not going to happen within the next couple months...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Test pipes, as noted in my profile, were not installed at the time of this dyno.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by ayman350z@Aug 8 2005, 12:08 PM
i pretty much have the same mods to the car. but i also have the headers so i guess my numbers are close to yours
[snapback]143031[/snapback]​

I'm sure the headers have you somewhere closer to 250whp than me...

I'll get there this weekend though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by KShep@Aug 8 2005, 12:37 PM
Nice to see some N/A dyno pulls posted.  :thumbsup:
[snapback]143058[/snapback]​

Thanks! I am considering SC'ing in the spring, but the other option is to stay N/A and go further than most in that department.

If Pulley and Test pipes get me to 250-255, I'm guessing Headers and ECU reflash puts me near 270-275whp... That's where most N/A people stop. If I stay N/A I'll be getting the JWT Camshafts that claim 15+whp. I'd like to do headers, ecu reflash, and JWT cams and see where I come out...

I think it would be pretty cool to make 285WHP N/A...

Of course it's all just speculation until I actaully do it.

If I really want to get crazy there is always headwork, etc. as well, but... I don't think I'd go that far.

260whp is good for low 13s if you can drive, so 285whp should definitely be in the 12s which is respectable in my mind for N/A...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I think you lost torque because of the plenum. As for the exhaust, I know someone who has the Injen SS and did not get #'s as high as mine, and all I have are the test pipes and JWT. Now I have the Crawford plenum to boot, but I haven't done a dyno with it yet. I'd like to soon, just to see how it affected my numbers.

BTW, I got 251 hp and 252 ft-lb with JWT and Helix tp. Everything else was stock.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Aug 9 2005, 09:33 AM
I think you lost torque because of the plenum.  As for the exhaust, I know someone who has the Injen SS and did not get #'s as high as mine, and all I have are the test pipes and JWT.  Now I have the Crawford plenum to boot, but I haven't done a dyno with it yet.  I'd like to soon, just to see how it affected my numbers.

BTW, I got 251 hp and 252 ft-lb with JWT and Helix tp.  Everything else was stock.
[snapback]143491[/snapback]​

Yeah, the TQ loss bites, but what are you going to do?

I've seen your #s and they are impressive. I have the helix test pipes to go on... along with the UDP, so we'll see where I get.

I'm hoping for 255whp, but I'll be satisfied with 10hp gain from test pipes and pulley (252).

Headers are next then... and aiming for 260.

Cams and reflash will wait as they are both 1000$ investments.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Yeah, that pulley should really help out. Are you going with Unorthodox or KJR? I'm thinking of buying the lightened one from KJR. The numbers they advertise are impressive, and there isn't as much to replace.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
I applaud your efforts. Keep up the great work.

Adam with Z1 Performance is trying to break 300whp N/A...I should be hearing something from him very, very soon.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by KShep@Aug 9 2005, 09:45 AM
I applaud your efforts.  Keep up the great work.

Adam with Z1 Performance is trying to break 300whp N/A...I should be hearing something from him very, very soon.
[snapback]143504[/snapback]​

I definitely believe its possible... you'd need headwork and or internals work to get there though IMO.

I think you can get to 280-285 without any internals work IMO.

That's good enough for me! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts