Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was at le Boutique Targette and decided to see what news deals they had on DVD's. 2Fast2Furious was on sale for $10, so I said what the ****.

Cool movie. I can't stand neon lights, but the rides were sweet. I loved the Skyline!
I looked for the elusive Z. Why do they not stay on any one car for more than a couple of seconds? I'm not that fast at identifying a car when it's all tricked out.

Finally, though, I saw the 350 near the end where they have all those tricked out cars come out of the warehouse. It was silver. The .86 seconds I saw it for revealed that it looked stock. Nothing special, no graphics or vinyl, nothing.
I didn't even see a Z32.

Supras, RX7's, Mitsus, MR2's, but Z's? WTF?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and all the shameless self promotion by Customs made me proud...hehe.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I don't know if anyone will remember this but if you read about the history of the first original Fast and Furious, the movie was based on a 300ZX TT street racing against a Mustang. The guy in the Mustang was so sure that he was gonig to win that they wagered $5000 for the race. Well, the Z beat him by a car length. The guy in the Mustang was still so sure of himself that he could win that he wagered another $2500, thinking that the first race was a fluke. Well, the second time, the Z beat him again by a greater margin. And that my friends is how the movie got it's inspiration.

So now I ask everyone here. Can you think of any reason why a movie inspired by a Z never had one in it the first time and the same thing again for the seond one in 2F2F? And I don't count the fact that you see 300ZX taillights in the end credits of the first one or the fact that you see a drawing of a 350Z or a glimpse of one coming out of a garage during the chase scene mentioned above.

To me personally, the Z has yet to get its respect that it has earned, and that is what I, along with a few other people, are aiming to do. To show the world that this car is not to be [email protected] with and it should be the star of the next movie.

·
Registered
806 Posts
2F2F was a horrible movie and I wish I never saw it. I hated the phrase "brah" said by Tyrese at least a hundred times. The storyline sucked, the cars were very ugly (including the Skyline, how could they do that?!?!), and overall I didn't like any of it. I don't like ricers, but I do admit I liked the first F&F. It was entertaining since it was one of the first of its kind (can't really say Gone in 60 Seconds was similar) and the plot wasn't nearly as bad as this most recent one. I hope they don't make a third one...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
...the Z has yet to get its respect that it has earned, and that is what I, along with a few other people, are aiming to do.
Bastids! Why, I oughta...

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I love how he's just driving down the dusty roads in the midwest and he happens to come across a fucking R34 at some used car lot too. I think he ponies up a total of about 3K for teh thing.

Accurate storyline... really.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
There is another shot of the Z too. You can see a shot of the front passenger side wheel well and the fender being polished shortly before the cars all go into the warehouse

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So what was the meaning of 'driving' different cars at the top menu of the dvd? Different versions?

I also hated the 'brah' phrase. Plus, the shameless 'posing' of the star at certain moments made me want to puke. However, I like the sound of cars racing, which gets my blood going. The action scenes with the cars were cool, along with all the T&A.

Gotta agree with ZXrage, though. What's with disrespecting the Z? Maybe the third movie will be the culmination in glorifying the Z!

It was entertaining. I have yet to watch the extras on the DVD. Anybody know of any 'easter eggs' on the disc?

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
There are some extras (I haven't watched them in forever) related to the car you pic. It's not a DVD known for extras. In fact, the tricking out a hot import car extra is just a shorter version of the one from the first DVD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts