Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry but I'm not good at story telling. I was called out by this SRT owner who is getting over 440whp and I think the same torque (#'s aren't exact). We are both members of a local racing forum (Racingsouthwest.com). Went out to try to run into him Sunday night but didn't see him after a couples hours searching. Just about to head home and I run into Ryan who tuned my car at SpeedDreams Motorsports and he sitting passenger in a sweet looking C5. He asks if I want to run so we go looking for a red light. Kept missing them and running into traffic so we decide to go from a roll. I was in first gear maybe doing 25 when he 3rd honked it and pulled him pretty good. Thought maybe I jumped it too soon because I thought it would be closer. Finally found a red light and hit it on green. It was a little closer but I beat him by a car length I guess. I'm hoping Ryan will chime in and give better details and maybe tell us the mods on this Vette. Sorry it wasn't the most interesting story but I'[ve been waiting a long to be sitting next to a willing Vette at a red light. Yeay for the Z!!!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Originally posted by Barzten1@Jul 11 2005, 09:27 AM
Sorry but I'm not good at story telling. I was called out by this SRT owner who is getting over 440whp and I think the same torque (#'s aren't exact). We are both members of a local racing forum (Racingsouthwest.com). Went out to try to run into him Sunday night but didn't see him after a couples hours searching. Just about to head home and I run into Ryan who tuned my car at SpeedDreams Motorsports and he sitting passenger in a sweet looking C5. He asks if I want to run so we go looking for a red light. Kept missing them and running into traffic so we decide to go from a roll. I was in first gear maybe doing 25 when he 3rd honked it and pulled him pretty good. Thought maybe I jumped it too soon because I thought it would be closer. Finally found a red light and hit it on green. It was a little closer but I beat him by a car length I guess. I'm hoping Ryan will chime in and give better details and maybe tell us the mods on this Vette. Sorry it wasn't the most interesting story but I'[ve been waiting a long to be sitting next to a willing Vette at a red light. Yeay for the Z!!!
[snapback]129702[/snapback]​

:clap: :clap: :clap:

go Z!!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanna hear the details.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by Jetpilot718@Jul 11 2005, 11:12 AM
C5's and Stock Z's aren't too far apart in performance to begin with.  Its the Z06's that will drop ya like a bad habit (personal experience)
[snapback]129768[/snapback]​

My stock 350z is quick, but it doesn't nearly compete with a stock ls1 c5. ls1 vettes usually go low 13s and high 12s with drag radials. Mid 13s with a bad driver.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Originally posted by 350zandTAls1+Sep 16 2005, 03:49 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Jetpilot718
@Jul 11 2005, 11:12 AM
C5's and Stock Z's aren't too far apart in performance to begin with. Its the Z06's that will drop ya like a bad habit (personal experience)
[snapback]129768[/snapback]​

My stock 350z is quick, but it doesn't nearly compete with a stock ls1 c5. ls1 vettes usually go low 13s and high 12s with drag radials. Mid 13s with a bad driver.
[snapback]155677[/snapback]​

That stock LS1 should have about 330 hp at the flywheel...compared to 287 for the stock Zed.

Nice kill.

·
Registered
24 Posts
most ls1 powered vehicles put out closer to 305 at the wheels give or take, the vettes are rated at 350 at the flywheel. and like 360 tq at the flywheel

·
Registered
504 Posts
Most C5's put 290-320 to the tires. With an A4 tranny you might see 290 and a strong M6 might make around 320. The Z makes around 250 rwhp with an M6 in a late model car. THey both weigh close to the same. Go figure...

You with your SC beast shoulda raped a stock C5. Good kill :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
So let me get this straight...a stock Z can actually keep up and/or beat a C5 Corvette? I've never had the opportunity to line up with one directly, but I did track with some the other day...I would say that I could keep up decently, but then again I am a novice track driver...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts