Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a painfully long wait, I have finally gotten word on my insurance settlement for my car.

They are giving me $30,039 minus my $1k deductible..

So total is $29,039, and I only owe $24k, so that leaves me with $ 5k.

I think I will be waiting on the 2005 release and be saving as much as possible for the rest of the year.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Cool. But why wait. Any reason to think the '05 Z is gonna be better?

I think I might get a Lotus Elise, but it's about $40k.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by toykilla@Apr 12 2004, 11:44 AM
After a painfully long wait, I have finally gotten word on my insurance settlement for my car.

They are giving me $30,039 minus my $1k deductible..

So total is $29,039, and I only owe $24k, so that leaves me with $ 5k.

I think I will be waiting on the 2005 release and be saving as much as possible for the rest of the year.

Good idea. It should only be a couple more months or so before we find out about the '05's. Glad you are happy with the money you got and they didnt try to screw you.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
If you can scrape together $40K, get one of these (0 - 60 mph in 4.7 seconds with the sports package, faster than a 911 and keeps up with a Corvette):

Lotus Elise

Engine: Toyota supplied, 4 cylinder, dohc 4 valves per cylinder with variable valve timing and lift
Capacity: 1796 cm3
Bore/Stroke: 82.0 mm / 85.0 mm
Maximum Power: 190 hp (141 kW) @ 7800 rpm (DIN 70020)
Maximum Torque: 138 lb ft (181 Nm) @ 6800 rpm (DIN 70020)
Compression Ratio: 11.5 : 1
Fuel tank Capacity: 10.5 U.S. gallons
Gearbox/Clutch: 6-speed close ratio with single dry plate clutch

Ratios -
First: 3.17:1
Second: 2.05:1
Third: 1.48:1
Fourth: 1.17:1
Fifth: 0.92:1
Sixth: 0.81:1
Final drive: 4.53:1
Reverse: 3.25:1

Technical Data
Wheels: 8-spoke cast alloy
Front - 5.5J x 16, Rear - 7.5J x 17
Tyres: Yokohama Advan Neova AD07
Front - 175/55 R16, Rear - 225/45 R17

Performance
0-60 mph: 4.9 sec, 4.7 sec (Sports Pack)
0-100 mph: 13.0 sec
Standing 1/4: circa 13.6 sec
Top speed: 150 mph
0 - 100 mph - 0: circa 17.5 sec
100 mph - 0: circa 85m

Fuel consumption: to be finalized prior to launch

Curb weight: under 2000 lbs to be finalized prior to launch. Full fuel, road ready, no passengers

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the main reason that I am waiting for the 2005 is $$$.. if I wait 6-7 months that leaves me an extra 600$ a month to save..

come this fall/winter I will be able to buy a Z and lower my monthly car payments.

Lotus Elise looks like a promising car.. but After that wreck I got into, i feel a little more secure in the bigger/heavier Z..

As far as model/ color.. I dont know yet... maybe there will be something new in '05.. or maybe not.. ... I am considering getting a custom paint job...stay tuned everyone.. Z 2.0 is going to be bigger and badder than the first !

·
Registered
168 Posts
My friend James has an Elise on order, and after driving the one that the local dealership had, he said it was smaller than his old Miata. Looks like a VERY fun car, but not really a street car.

Toykilla, how were you able to get so much for your car? I'm guessing they gave you some money for the wheels & mods and what not?

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not sure why they are giving me so much $$. but I am not going to ask either
... I pulled all the mods off my car so that can't be it. My only guess is that its still under a year old??

I am taking this as a learning experience and hope that nothing like this happens ever again.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I totalled a 1990 BMW 535i back in 1992. My insurance company gave me enough money to pay off the lease and pocket $5,000 for the down payment on a new car. It was more than I thought the car was worth.

Why question it? Something good came out of this mess.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by 350z@Apr 12 2004, 05:41 PM
i got an idea why dont you just buy out the cavalier you have been driving
glad to hear the good news josh!!

LOL, rental car Cavaliers r0x0r! When I rented one last year, I was quite tempted to drive it off a cliff in the Badlands...

Instead I set the cruise control at the speed governor... hehe...

That thing was a true POS... Unfortunately I got pulled over by the only cop I saw in the 1200 miles I drove in S. Dakota. Amazingly, I have yet to get pulled over in my Z (twice as much power) in VA (the strictest state when it comes to traffic violations). Anyways, I digress...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm suprised I didn't destroy the car in the process... I thoroughly enjoyed using that POS as a gravel rally car... Also, who knew that Cavaliers were good for herding buffalo?

(Revving the motor makes them run faster BTW)

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread...

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I have had an incredible string of bad luck in the past year, with accidents on my Z that were 100% the other guy's fault every time.

So I have had an opportunity to drive several rental cars, including the current Honda Accord, Nissan Altima, and Toyota Camry.

I think the Accord beats out the Altima by a nose. The Altima looks better, but I like the Honda engine (4-banger) better than the Nissan 2.5 liter.

The Camry comes in a very distant dead last. It is a piece of crap. It floats all over the road and is hard to control. The brakes are crappy and the engine weaker than the other two. Styling is dull. I hated it.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
So far I have gotten to drive the Corolla, 2 different Ford Taurus, and a brand new Ford F-150 4WD with an extended cab and only 700 miles on it. You should have seen me stylin in that F-150 man--I could fit into the pgh scene driving that monster! I don't like ANY of these that I have been relegated to drive.....I just want my baby back!

·
Registered
123 Posts
How much do you think you lost in value over the past year on it?
I saw you're making it up with stock parts too

1 - 20 of 22 Posts