Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meguire's Gold Class Clear Coat Liquid Wax: My first brand for my first wax job on the Z.
I have a disclaimer: I've owned the Z since the end of March, and the wax job already on it was good so I left it alone. However, the past month or more has brought us more rain than we could handle. That and cold weather have hampered me in fully detailing the car for more than 2 months.

Let's just say I'm impressed with the glass-like feeling of the surface. It didn't take me long to apply the wax and then take it off. Wasn't that hard either.

I don't think the pictures do it justice, but I noticed it...and I guess that's what ultimately counts, right?

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Lookin good Smooth. I can't even tell you how jealous I am of that garage
</span>

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Very Nice Smooth! Take some pics outside so we can see those awesome reflections better!!! I can't wait till next weekend when I can finally properly shine Lucy up, it's almost been 60 days! Gotta get out today and try that porter cable polisher out on Dougs truck, trial run!!! And I second that on the garage thing,
at least you've been parking inside in the rain, poor poor Lucy endures all kinds of weather....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by DiRN@Jun 20 2004, 12:42 AM
<span style="color:darkblue">Lookin good Smooth.  I can't even tell you how jealous I am of that garage
</span>

Thanks, bro. I guess I it was a good thing you didn't see the floor drain right underneath my Z...

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Haha. I remember you mentioning the drain. But that's cool. My garage is about || wide and parking the Z in it is quite the task. The passenger door can't open, and my door can be cracked just enough to contort my body through the opening.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Jun 20 2004, 09:59 AM
Haha.  I remember you mentioning the drain.  But that's cool.  My garage is about || wide and parking the Z in it is quite the task.  The passenger door can't open, and my door can be cracked just enough to contort my body through the opening.

Looks great smooth!

I know where you are coming from Dirn. I am the same way as you. I have maybe 2 feet it seems on each side of my car to get out. But hey its at least better than keeping it out in the weather.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
i use to use meguier's gold class on my old car until i switched to zaino for the Z. but that stuff looks like it works pretty well. nice job

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Dave079+Jun 20 2004, 11:04 AM-->QUOTE (Dave079 @ Jun 20 2004, 11:04 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-DiRN
@Jun 20 2004, 09:59 AM
Haha.  I remember you mentioning the drain.  But that's cool.  My garage is about || wide and parking the Z in it is quite the task.  The passenger door can't open, and my door can be cracked just enough to contort my body through the opening.

Looks great smooth!

I know where you are coming from Dirn. I am the same way as you. I have maybe 2 feet it seems on each side of my car to get out. But hey its at least better than keeping it out in the weather.

You guys are making me feel like a million bucks. That was my situation in the last house I lived in. It was only for 1 car, but my Z parked in it and I had plenty of space to walk around it and stuff. Part of the reason I moved was for more garage space.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Haha, once I get inside the house, I definitely don't want to walk past the Z again until I have to get in. If I need something at the far end of the garage, I'll walk around outside and get it that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts