Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Some issues on fitment on the passenger side. I used a dremel tool on some areas to 'fix' this. It's not seemless, but it's close.

Some day, I'll just get a new front fascia.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Sweet smooth! Glad to see you finally got it on!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tested it with the butt dyno and registered at least 1.5 HP at the crank...

Should be interesting to hear what kind of comments I get. Last night at the club meeting, a lot of peeps thought I had lowered the car. They also suggested I place a sticker on the corners stating, "Not a step."

I definitely like it, though!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks good, man....hope it was fun last night at the MNSCC meet!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by MezzChris@Oct 7 2004, 09:33 AM
Looks good, man....hope it was fun last night at the MNSCC meet!

Thanks, Chris! The new guy mentioned your Volks, so I think he's a fan.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I like...but would want a good 'fit'...it's one of those things that'd p!ss me off every time I washed the car....like the ding in my back bumper....

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, it happened and I haven't even had it for a week. I was driving home from work last night when something came out from under the car in front of me and hit the lip and black grill square on.
It didn't sound good, and I couldn't see what it was but pieces were flying before I hit it.

There's a nasty scratch and scuff mark on the lip, and the black grill is scratched pretty deep. Looks like I'll be using some touch up paint or something to get rid of the scuff marks.

I'm so pissed!
I couldn't avoid it since I was boxed in on all sides. The car was about 3 car lengths in front of me.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo Smooth, that totally sucks man! I am sorry for you! Those highway bits that come flying out are horrible little beasts. Driving home from Richmond a few months back there was all this traffic, ppl just slamming on brakes, then when we get up there, must have been a recycling truck that dumped on the highway and there were hundreds of flattened soda cans all over the highway, they were coming at us like throwing stars, end over end, I don't know how I avoided taking one in the front bumper. I know someone took a good beating w/ those things flying like :ninja: threw them....

Hope you get your scratches taken care of. What a shame it was brand new!!!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Dayum Smooth that really sucks. Hope the fix comes out good and good luck!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have tomorrow off and will be spending it mostly at home doing yardwork and preparing for cold weather. I will also spend some time on the Z. I'll take pics and post them here. At least I'll have a chance to order some touch up paint from Nissan and maybe get the speed shop to order that intake tube.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got the Tue through Sat schedule this week, and because my day off fell on a govt holiday, I get a lieu day so I chose tomorrow.

Of course, I have almost 5 weeks of vacation on the books which I can take at almost any time, so the term 'weekends' becomes a moot subject and a thing of the 80's.

In fact, I have about 2 weeks scheduled off in November. My third boy is scheduled for Nov 15th and I have vacation time off for Thanksgiving. :goodtimes:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Vacation time? What's that? I always thought that was an urban legend. Next you'll be telling me about "sick days"
</span>

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have 5 weeks of that, too!

I'll practically be living on this site when I get those 2 weeks off. By that time, the Z will probably be hibernating, so I'll be going through DT's like jinxxy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts