Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car seems to pull harder especially down low, but I could tell that it could pull harder up top since power seemed to die as I got towards 6000-7100. I attributed this to the rich A/F ratio that my wideband was reading at 11.5:1 at WOT. :zzz: Out of precaution, I took the car to get readings to see what the car was putting down and to also see if my o2 sensor on my wideband was reading correctly.

Here are the results-

-ARC Intake
-350evo throttle body
-Crawford Headers
-Helix Test Pipes
-JIC Y-Pipe
-JIC Single Exit exhuast
-One Step Colder Plugs
-Sun Cyberspeed Ground System
-UR Pullies
-TS Reflash and running 11.2:1 (on wideband) :helpsmilie:
-Exhaust Leak :helpsmilie:

262.4hp @ 6211 / 257 TQ @ 4821

DYNO GRAPH #1 (Torque and A/F Curve)

DYNO GRAPH #2 (Torque and HP)

It looks like there is a lot of room for improvement as I am running way too rich from 3000 to 7100. I am very happy with the numbers especially for NA without going internal and no plenum or IM. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Nice #'s! I've got a ways to go before I worry about doing a reflash. But, it's something to think about.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Daking350Z@Sep 17 2005, 09:03 AM
A plenum would lean you out a bit and make about 15 whp..
[snapback]155843[/snapback]​

I am waiting for other companies to make intake manifolds, since I personally think that there can be much more room for improvement than a plenum :cheers:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by illz33@Sep 17 2005, 01:48 PM
Rick,

do you have any pics of the ARC intake?
[snapback]155875[/snapback]​

Here ya go. I also teamed it up with a gruppe-m air duct

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Excellent! Thanks.

I can't really tell by the picture... but is the side of the ARC box that is nearest the drivers fender opening, permitting airflow from the fender area? Or is it closed off, like a complete box? What I mean is does it allow air from the fender opening like a JWT does. (Note.. I am not sure any "good" air comes from down there as most of it is pulled toward the wheel / brakes.

The box contains 2 panel filters correct?

Thanks man

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
What is the blow material inside the box that has an ARC sticker on?

Is that part of the airbox? I haven't been able to obtain complete pictures of the box from Mackin or Boom Plus. Thanks for answering.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Excellent! Thanks.

I can't really tell by the picture... but is the side of the ARC box that is nearest the drivers fender opening, permitting airflow from the fender area? Or is it closed off, like a complete box? What I mean is does it allow air from the fender opening like a JWT does. (Note.. I am not sure any "good" air comes from down there as most of it is pulled toward the wheel / brakes.

The box contains 2 panel filters correct?

Thanks man
I believe I answered your Q's on the "other" forum :)

I also forgot to give you guys an update. The car had a cracked test pipe and I finally had TS lean me out :) I'll update this post when I dyno it again

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
get the SSV manifold....that **** will give you an extra 50hp!!!!!!
(julian will love this one) LOL

look im just joking.
but u need a plenum though.

why did i think u had a faster car????

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
get the SSV manifold....that **** will give you an extra 50hp!!!!!!
(julian will love this one) LOL

look im just joking.
but u need a plenum though.

why did i think u had a faster car????
you have the looks, but u lack the power.
u need a TT or a SC
Yeah I was expecting more, but found that the cracked test pipe and rich af ratio were holding the numbers down a bit. I personally went with the motordyneengineering spacer since it has better heat dissipation with the iso thermal gasket between the head and lower plenum. I am waiting for the 350evo.com IM to come out, since I personally don't like Kinetix products too much.

Actually I am shooting for NA horspower as a SC and FI in general is not what I want since I am going on a full diet and need a very reliable motor at the track. I have witnessed a few FI VQ's blow at the track and it is not pretty. As a matter of fact, how my car is setup I can hold off FI Z drivers since most cant drive anyways :rolf2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts