Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Z was in the shop for over a month since some moron turned left in front of me and caused nearly $10,000 in damage. Insurance company found the accident 100% his fault. Car is as good as new (I hope).

I'm going to Spring Mountain Raceway in Nevada this weekend to celebrate.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know how you feel! I got my Z back two weeks ago after having it in the shop since Christmas. I spun on a patch of ice in front of my house and hit a mail box and stopped against a tree. Did $6500 worth of plastic damage. It took quite awhile for my insurance to respond, then more time to get parts and then more problems matching tha paint, but all is well now and the car looks great. Took the opportunity to do some painting mods and added a Nismo CAI. Had the car out for a 200 mi run last Saturday and it sure is nice to be behind the wheel again. My wife and I are heading for Tucson this Saturday for a week of desert sunshine.It will be the Z's first road trip. I'm really looking forward to getting away.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
GEEZ, guess I am in good company at least. Really freaky accident left my husband's truck and my Z in the shop. $13,900 worth of damage to my baby. $6K to his truck. Hopefully she will be out in a few weeks--the body shop I went to is the best in the city, and they are just drooling over my Z even in her wrecked out state, and
promised that she will be better than new when I get her back.....I hope they come thru on that one. At least they are going to go ahead and put my new rims on b4 pick up!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am convinced that the 350Z is a magnet for trouble. I just under one year, I have had THREE (count 'em, 3) accidents in my Z. All 3 were 100% the other guy's fault. All 3 in the same place (drivers front fender and front bumper, and the last one included the driver's door). Counting the fender and bumper the car originally came with, I am on my 4th new fender and 4th new bumper!!!

The accidents haven't cost me a penny, but the car was out of commission for a grand total of nearly 3 months of my first year with it.

Well at least I have it back now. There has never been any frame damage, and I use a very good body shop (official body shop of Beverly Hills Porsche).

As for future mods, the EVO 3.9 final drive ratio, and maybe a limited slip differential with more lock-up. Eventually, a supercharger or twin turbo, but not for at least several months.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The body shop that had my Z had it for just as long as I did. I drove it from Sept to Dec and they had it from Dec to Mar. I asked if I copuld store it there next winter as well.
Future mods include exhaust system and possibly a brake upgrade. Maybe some suspension work as well.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The mod I have that changes the character of the car the most, by far, is the Tilton 8 lb. flywheel and rally clutch. It is barely streetable, but revs like a buzz saw. Lot's of fun but not for the faint of heart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts