Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only had my Z for about 3 weeks now and only filled up twice. Yesterday I went to fill up. It was almost on reserve but not quite. I left the nozzle in to fill up and it cut off at 9 gal. I wait a few seconds and tried to pack it full but it wouldn't take but about 50 cents more. I thought this was odd but I hung up the nozzle and paid. When I got in my car it was only 3/4 full. Has anyone had a problem filling up completely? I tried pretty hard to get more in but I have never had this issue with this particular pump before so I was wondering if there is a slight issue with the neck of the tank that causes it to create too much back pressure so that you can't pack it?

Just a simple question...I'll check it out next time I fill up on another pump at another station. :wavey:

·
Registered
2 Posts
[/quote]

The car needs to be on a very level or have the fill nozzle up hill.
The tank is not shaped like the typical rectangle shape, but has two sections connected in the center, making it look like saddlebags.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
hasn't happened to me....but if you use the search button and seach for this topic you will see that it happens to many people. :)

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
This hasnt happened to me for the whole year and few months that I've owned my car, but YESTERDAY, it happened. Got gas at 1/4 tank, only filled to slightly past half ($9.50 worth). Gas station attendant said it was full.. sure enough, only read about half.

Maybe its cause in Jersey where I work, they have to pump the gas for ya.. but its never happened to me personally while pumping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is actually a common problem among Z's. If it keeps happening, take it back to the dealership and have it services. If you're lucky, it goes away on its own. Mine did.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I have had the problem occur 1 or 2 times. I found that giving the car a push from the side will move the gas in the tank and the liquids level out giving a full tank.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Sounds crazy but I turn the fuel nozzel upside down and can get about 15-17 gallons in the tank...pushing on the car works as well.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Happens to me all the time, almost every time I fill up. It normally stops right after it gets about 3/4 tank full. Unfortunately here in NJ the gas stations are full serve so you can't pump your own gas. I normally just leave it, its easier than explaining to the attendant to get the full tank.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Happens to me every time. Sometimes worse than others

·
Registered
155 Posts
Only happened to me once...

but I look at the bright side... less gas = lighter car = faster car... :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had it happen to me while filling up today. I got 3/4 in there, and nothing more would go. I pulled out of the parkign lot pulling the wheel left and right real fast, then went and filled it up the rest of the way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the z must have an electronic switch that prevents the fuel from being injected while the keys are in the ignition...take the keys out and see if that helps....i had the same problem and figured it was something to with some kind of sensor...have not had the problem return since i have taken out the keys while fueling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts