Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Which application does your car fall under?

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Theres a guy in our local Z club that has a Ferari. I can't remember what model it is 348 or something like that. Anyway it's a 92 with a V8. I'm going to try and see if he'll run me down at the strip in San Antonio.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Your Z beats 360 Modenas N/A? Wow, I didn't know our cars could do that. :tool:
So you are calling him a tool just because you don't believe him... Real nice. How do you know what the poster has done to his car? 0-60 in 4 flat doesn't sound slow to me.

If you want people to take you for the benefit of the doubt - perhaps you should extend that courtesy.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
So you are calling him a tool just because you don't believe him... Real nice. How do you know what the poster has done to his car? 0-60 in 4 flat doesn't sound slow to me.

If you want people to take you for the benefit of the doubt - perhaps you should extend that courtesy.
He said his car was N/A Illz . . . . . . if he said he was boosted or running N2O I would NEVER have doubted him.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
He said his car was N/A Illz . . . . . . if he said he was boosted or running N2O I would NEVER have doubted him.
Correct. Still no reason to call him a tool. Who knows what he's running. He never said it was stock. Or unopened. For all we know it could be a purpose built car. Silly as it sounds, you can make upwards of 350ps with a VQ35DE. Maybe he's running a Nismo Spec 2 Head high compression with Ti. valves on a 2700lb. chassis.

Then again, maybe he's full of ****. :dunno: People lie all day long.

·
Registered
19 Posts
my car has about 15k in all motor work and weighs in at just under 3000 lbs. so if you dont belive me we can go, if you want to lose bitch!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Don't see anything in your garage chief,how much power do you get for 15000$. Is that including labor?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
my car has about 15k in all motor work and weighs in at just under 3000 lbs. so if you dont belive me we can go, if you want to lose bitch!
GTM 4.2L Stroker Motor - $8900 (I'm not sure if this includes installation, but it gets you the motor, so it might even be MORE to get it dropped in and adjusted).
GTM NA Spec Camshafts - $2000 installed and adjusted
Plenum - $500
Intake - $200
Test Pipes - $200
Exhaust System - $1500
Coilovers (of some sort) - around $1500
Engine Management System - you probably want F-Con VPro - $3000 installed + tuned
Anti-Sway Bars - $500
Forged Wheels - $3000
Slicks/DR's/Track Tires - $1200

Total: $21150

Let's say you cut some corner's and went with something like JUN or AEBS . . . . . which can end up just as expensive . . . . so $19200. Then let's say you went with a UTEC or F-Con IS . . . . . $17700 MINIMUM including all the breathing and exhaust work.

I would like to know your EXACT modification list, because something smells VERY fishy here.

And no, your car won't be faster than mine.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I think I could build a stroker motor myself for about 3000. Put my SC on that ,have the guys at UpRev tune it with the factory ECU, and still be smog legal. Yeah baby.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I think I could build a stroker motor myself for about 3000. Put my SC on that ,have the guys at UpRev tune it with the factory ECU, and still be smog legal. Yeah baby.
But this guy is claiming $15,000 worth of motor work ALONE. What else is there to get besides the most powerful stroker motor, the best EMU available, the best tune, cams, etc? Then you start playing with suspension, exhaust, etc. OK, maybe have things such as multiple throttle bodies, different intake manifolds, etc . . . . . . but I still have a hard time believing it killing 360 Modenas.

But then again what do I know. I'm just a n00b.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I've got a '03 R/T mag. right here in my hand, they got 12.8 @112.5 for the Modena 360. If I was running 12.7 or better in my Z, I would definitly post a timeslip.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Well, let's see it. With all the talk about how one side is better than the other (based on personal preference), we should just do some data collection.

If you want to participate, do so with all honesty. For those that like NA and want to stay that way, vote NA. Same goes for FI, but you must have a FI car to vote that way.
I have to throw in here. FI is funner than **** to drive but you should first know how to drive. I have 20 years of various racing experience so FI power was a good thing for me. Second, The 350Z is new to me for the past year...I am a Z fan four 240's (two race prepped) over the years. When I purchased my 350 I was happy with the overall balance of the car (it has now been upgraded) but the power left me wanting in a short time. I chose SC over TC only because I live in Cali and our smog laws suck. I chose Vortech for its long standing good reputation and race history. Here is the rub. Going FI on a 350Z is very costly!!!! IMO there is no such thing as a bolt on and go FI kit. FI requires alot of upgrade to monitor systems, re-tuning, wear & tear on other parts.....the list goes on and on. If you don't have the cash and the balls to throw into FI fully don't! You'll regret it. If you can have a race mentality (cars are expendable and expensive) and you are flush with cash there is nothing more rewarding. NA or FI is a personal choice not a debate. Do what brings the biggest smile to your silly face and race hard. :clap:

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
But this guy is claiming $15,000 worth of motor work ALONE. What else is there to get besides the most powerful stroker motor, the best EMU available, the best tune, cams, etc? Then you start playing with suspension, exhaust, etc. OK, maybe have things such as multiple throttle bodies, different intake manifolds, etc . . . . . . but I still have a hard time believing it killing 360 Modenas.

But then again what do I know. I'm just a n00b.
You know if you do race him, and you wreck you still loose. Even if your car is faster.

·
4,328 Posts
anyone know what the 4.2L for the Z puts out?
Good question, I've never seen dyno numbers for any NA stroker. The few strokers I have seen were all FI as well.

-RZ

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Anyone ever heard of JHP? I like to call "Jackstand Horse Power". The JHP of my car is about 425 (at the crank) until I get the blower back (3rd one on 6 months) from Vortech. Like I said earlier. FI is funner than **** to dirve but it can cost you big. Thankfully Vortech has a 3 year warranty on the product. My first blower was a lemon (very rare according to Vortech and most Vortech users I've talked to). The second was really the first with new oil seals. I asking the 3rd to be a whole new unit. The only good thing about JHP is that it allows me to do all the other stuff (brake upgrade, smaller SC pulley, install harness bar, etc) that I normally don't have time to do because I'm having so much fun with car. MY VOTE IS STILL FI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

81 - 100 of 128 Posts