Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Which application does your car fall under?

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I bought my car with a K&N drop-in filter in it.

I pondered over this question.

I skipped all the N/A upgrades - NA exhausts, intakes, reflashes, etc, etc. While my friends were getting craploads of mods for their cars and getting progressively caster (them having more hp stock also helps).

I saved all my cash and bought APS TT, Exhauust, and Gauges all at once. Professionally installed and tuned.

I never regretted one bit of it. I enjoy doing freeway runs and generally just want to make a high-performing street machine as I do not have the time to go to the tracks much. For me, going TT was an awesome way to accentuate the amount of fun I will have on backroads, mountains, and open freeways in the morning time. :)

Cheers! :cheers:

N

·
0 Posts

I skipped all the N/A upgrades - NA exhausts, intakes, reflashes, etc, etc. While my friends were getting craploads of mods for their cars and getting progressively caster (them having more hp stock also helps).

I saved all my cash and bought APS TT, Exhauust, and Gauges all at once. Professionally installed and tuned.

I never regretted one bit of it. I enjoy doing freeway runs and generally just want to make a high-performing street machine as I do not have the time to go to the tracks much. For me, going TT was an awesome way to accentuate the amount of fun I will have on backroads, mountains, and open freeways in the morning time. :)

Congrats good job on skipping the N/A mods if you knew you were going FI :cheers:

·
Registered
281 Posts

How did the APS affect your mileage?

·
Registered
295 Posts
No way I could stay NA with the Z. My last 3 cars, including the Z had over 300whp and the last two were much lighter than my Z. So I'm really used to a certain power level.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yeah, I just ran a turbo civic, from a dig of course. He looked pretty confident, probably used to walking away from NA Zs. After I smacked him down three lights in row he finaly gave up. Dam, this is fun.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Yeah, I just ran a turbo civic, from a dig of course. He looked pretty confident, probably used to walking away from NA Zs. After I smacked him down three lights in row he finaly gave up. Dam, this is fun.
LOL NICE. I can't wait to fun Vettes, M3's, Talon's, anything that's pretty fast stock or slightly modified. And I should be hitting 450whp soon. :shiftdrive:

I'll keep everyone updated when I get my new mods (secret). :nunchuk:

·
Registered
295 Posts
You'll definitely have to work on traction. Otherwise you'll end up being one of those rolling start racers(HEADSTART). Your avatar is hypnotic. Is she saying f*ck off?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I don't know . . . . . but I found her on a Toyota Echo forum. (I was googling to see if they actually exist or not).

I thought she was banging hot so I made her my Avatar.

You should also take a look at my signature. :biggrin:

And yeah . . . . but I'm getting new wheels and much bigger tires. :cheers:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hard to find a good wheel in that size anyway. But I don't think it's overkill for a car with 450whp. Power is nothing if you can't hook up. I love driving around town on my ET Streets picking on muscle cars.

·
Registered
295 Posts
That works. I had to buy two more wheels for the slicks. I'll post a pic on the yellow Z thread when I get around to putting them back on. Have to check the forecast for rain first.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
That works. I had to buy two more wheels for the slicks. I'll post a pic on the yellow Z thread when I get around to putting them back on. Have to check the forecast for rain first.
Haha yeah. We'll need some better pictures of your roadster. :cheers:

BTW, which FI setup do you have again?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I won't vote because I am na right now but going fi tomarrow. However with all the na mods I have the car is still enjoyable. na does 0-60 in 4 sec flat and beats 360 modenas. but the sound and feeling of turbos and all that power, nothing comes close.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I won't vote because I am na right now but going fi tomarrow. However with all the na mods I have the car is still enjoyable. na does 0-60 in 4 sec flat and beats 360 modenas. but the sound and feeling of turbos and all that power, nothing comes close.
Your Z beats 360 Modenas N/A? Wow, I didn't know our cars could do that. :tool:

61 - 80 of 128 Posts