Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Incase some are interested in seeing what it comprises of.

Ferrea Double Valve Spring (Left), Nismo Valve Spring (Right)
The Ferrea is alot wider, thicker and shorter than the Nismo valve spring with a second thinner spring on the inside.

Note: If anyone wants to buy some unused Nismo valve springs let me know i'll do you a deal.

·
Registered
88 Posts
"I've told you a hundred times before.... dont leave your car parts and magazines on the dining room table"

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
NIIICE Murray... you have got exactly the same parts (part number wise) as me! No worries to those parts and they should hold up to our target 8000rpm value and beyond that... :)

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
562 Posts
Murray, time to invest in a cupboard, that way you'll not have to store your dinner plates with your rubish bins in the box :D

Otherwise, nice valves :)

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks cool.. you goin FI I assume?
I am, but even if I wasnt most of the above would still be required for an NA zed going above a certain RPM. These are stock diameter valves not the 1mm oversize ones.

Originally I only wanted stronger valve springs to control the float Richie experienced with the Nismo springs but after talking to Carl with the drag racing 350z he convinced me that most of the other parts were required for a high reving VQ35.

The stock guides are stainless steel and dont lend themselves well to high rpm with stainless steel valves. The steel will heat up and expand against one another at high rpm.

The stock valves are two piece construction and these will break past a certain rpm where they are joined at the bottom of the valve stem.

The stock Aluminum retainers are a different size I believe and cant take the beating at high rpm and the other parts are required because of the differences in the above parts to the stock items and some also prevent premature wear.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Murray, time to invest in a cupboard, that way you'll not have to store your dinner plates with your rubish bins in the box :D
Nah, this is a man who has his priorities right :) Got to get a look at your car some time Murray.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts