Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**** ******* backed into me tonight at the lakefront. I bomped at him as I was pulling into my space, he stops looks and then keeps backing up. Stupid mother ******. But that took an hour and 45minutes to do the paperwork and give the guy a ticket. Its not too bad. Just a crease in my passenger side front bumper. Just more of a **** inconvenience. At least he got the ticket. And I just put my **** lip on yesterday. Oh well im tired. Will post pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
bummer. lucky the idiot didn't do this

Attachments

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Richard thank god its no where near what happened to yours. Its just a small dent but now I have to bring it to the body shop and all.

He said he looked back when I honked and didnt see anything and then just kept coming. He was trying to tell me that oh its prob going to be me in the wrong since he had the right away. I knew that would be a bunch of bs. Just trying to get me from calling the cops. But I will be posting pics a little later.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Dave, I probably would have flipped out on the guy.

Richard , that pic makes my stomach hurt.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the concerns. And yes Jaysen it will definately be fixed by the Houston meet.
Here are a couple pics I just took. The pics dont really show it that bad. Looks worse in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by DiRN@Jun 9 2004, 08:31 AM
****, Dave.  That sucks.

But in that guy's defense, I too hear mysterious honks from nowhere.  Haha.  What a [email protected]

But this was at this place called the point where its at the end of this pier thing and there were like only 3 other cars there and was very quiet. Dude was just not paying attention at all.
Just went to the body shop and set up to bring it in next monday so I will have my Z for the weekend at least.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Dave that sucks totally man. I would have also flipped out on him, *kick shin, swing at head* Are they going to be able to pop it out or are they going to replace the panel? Glad it isn't too bad.....but any dust or bird poop on Lucy is bad to me....let us know the result. I am sure they will do a great job!!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
That sucks man! I had a similar thing happen to me, but a lot of paint scrapped off. I was pissed for a few months, but now I don't worry about my car as much anymore. Plus, I made a lot of money off of the lady's insurance :D

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Jun 9 2004, 02:25 PM
Are they going to be able to pop it out or are they going to replace the panel?  Glad it isn't too bad.....but any dust or bird poop on Lucy is bad to me....let us know the result.  I am sure they will do a great job!!!

Thanks again guys for the response. I brought it in this morning and they said they will try to heat it up and see if it will mold back into shape but I doubt it. If it isnt 100% perfect they will be replacing the entire bumper which would be cool because I have a few chips on it that I would like to get rid of. I will be bringing it in on Monday to get fixed.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got it back last week and it looks great!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Praise for restraint. Sympathy for the bodywork. Had our car 1 day before somebody effing dinged the back bumper...unlike yr idiot, they didn't have the decency to fess up. We just attributed it to '1st blood'...

I wigged when my car came back from the dealer with water spots! If you're not gonna chamois it, don't get it wet!

It's why I don't drive around with ordnance in the car. I'd use it on one a deez nutz.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didnt even let the place that fixed my Z wash it when it was done. It would prob come back with scratches all over it and water spots.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
If I take Lucy to the dealer (or anywhere for work) I tell them SPECIFICALLY not to touch her paint! After they fixed the botched paint job they did on her after the first accident, they fixed the paint, then returned her back w/ swirl marks galore. Then we took her back to have them remove the swirls and she came back w/ 2 spots, one on spoiler and one on splash guard, where they burned the new paint off w/ the rotary.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts