Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously considering selling my factory brembos off my G35. These brakes would be perfect for anyone with a G35 or 350Z that would like to upgrade their factory brakes. From what I've read, these brakes will also fit on the 2005 G35s that do not come equipped with Brembos. I am planning on upgrading to a Big Brake Kit so the sale would include everything that is removed (calipers, rotors, lines). I am asking $1750 for the setup with a brand new set of Hawk HPS pads all around or $1600 without.

The front brakes are four piston calipers and the rears are two piston. The calipers are in good shape (passenger side rear does have a small chip in the finish). The brakes have 53K total miles on them. Most of the miles are all highway and the brakes have never been tracked or AutoX'd. At 30K miles the factory pads were replaced with Hawk HPS pads all around and the rotors were turned. If there is a serious buyer I will have Infiniti measure the rotor thickness and life left on the brake pads.

1st pic is drivers front, 2nd is drivers rear, 3rd is passenger front and 4th is passenger rear.
[attachmentid=6293][attachmentid=6294]

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
Are the calipers still in good shape?? What kind of stopping power do these have compared to the base models??

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/quote]

The calipers are in excellent condition. They have never been raced (on a track or AutoX). The only defect is one small chip in the passenger rear caliper. Here are some specs from Sport Compact Car. I couldn't find a stopping distance comparision between the two. The larger calipers and rotors should decrease stopping distance and definitely reduce brake fade during prolonged usage.

Brakes
Front: 11.7-inch vented discs, single-piston sliding calipers (12.8-in. vented discs, four-piston fixed Brembo calipers with track package)
Rear: 10.5-inch vented discs, single-piston sliding calipers (12.7-in vented discs, two-piston fixed Brembo calipers with track package)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Whoa, I almost had a heart attack. I thought it said "Free G35 Factory Brembo Brakes!" I gotta read better next time, but that price is very good compared to others I've seen (i.e. $2,200 for 10k miles).

Rotors last 53k miles? That's awesome!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Brembos are still available, not quite free but alot cheaper then a BBK for someone that wants improved braking for day to day driving or occationally tracking.

The rotors do have 53K miles on them (turned at 30K) and the brake pads have 23K on them. I would guess that you'd be good for atleast 7K miles.

But even when you need to replace the rotors and pads I would suggest the raceMRC.com Racing Brake Special at Racing Brake Special. It's $875 so for $2475 you have a Brembo 4-piston/2-piston caliper setup with brand new slotted rotors and brand new Hawk pads. Not bad compared to $2200 for a used OEM Brembo setup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
:cheers:
[/quote]
So what is your bottom price for the front and the rears with the slotted rotors. Please send me some pic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.