Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 40 of 267 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I just thought of another one I like, Peroni. I haven't had one in ages though. Most bars I know don't carry it

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by Jetpilot718+Nov 28 2004, 02:11 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 28 2004, 12:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Jetpilot718
@Nov 28 2004, 12:16 PM
Guinness, of course  :beer:

And by the looks of it, I'm not alone on this forum with Guinness as the favored beer.  ****, even the "beer" icon is, well, a Guinness   :thumbsup:

i really like guinness, but one i tried the double chocolate stout from Youngs, i would rank that stout as my favorite

Is that a local beer? I'd like to try it if its better than guinness!

It's an import from England. And I'd have to agree with Steve, it's better than Guinness (which I think is overrated).

Dirn, Peroni is good but I don't think they'll ever have it at any bar.

I refuse to be in the same room as Budweiser... :50cal:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Nov 29 2004, 12:09 AM
Dirn, Peroni is good but I don't think they'll ever have it at any bar.

I know of one bar that serves it. Minetta's on MacDougal in NYC. Gotta love the Italian bars

·
Registered
297 Posts
Boags Premium

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I'm a simple kinda guy, I drink Miller Lite 99.9% of the time.

But I would have to say my favorite is Heineken (sp?) on tap. For some reason there is a big difference in taste from bottled Heineken and tapped Heineken. First found it on tap when I was in England, they have it all over there, but back here in the states it's really hard to come by. One day I will buy a Kegerator and keep Heineken on tap at all times so I'm not without it.

Other favs are Carling's and Carlsburg. Only found these in England, don't know if they're imported.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I agree with Zxrage and Steve 350z, the Czech make some the best beers. But I usually only drink import beers if they are on tap, imports in bottles tend to taste older quicker. So when it is not on tap or when I at home I will enjoy a Bud, I live within a mile from the brewery.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Originally posted by StL 350@Nov 29 2004, 01:50 PM
I agree with Zxrage and Steve 350z, the Czech make some the best beers.  But I usually only drink import beers if they are on tap, imports in bottles tend to taste older quicker.  So when it is not on tap or when I at home I will enjoy a Bud, I live within a mile from the brewery.

I need to try some czech beer sometime I guess..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Originally posted by 3-fity@Nov 28 2004, 04:48 PM
I too am a big fan of La Fin Du monde... although its a Canadian beer not Belgium :) Its made by Unibroue. Check out Moudite as well, another Unibroue brew. Chimay is one of my new current favs as well.

Hmmm bro, you stole my words! :clap:

ditto on your fine selections.

Also, if any of you likes Belgian style, try "1554".

My fave beer of all time is a blonde made by a microbrew called "BJ's Pizza".

I also like Rolling Rock and Ticate.

I usually end up drinking Miller Lite for the carbs and the price though :drink2:

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Originally posted by StL 350@Nov 29 2004, 12:50 PM
I agree with Zxrage and Steve 350z, the Czech make some the best beers.  But I usually only drink import beers if they are on tap, imports in bottles tend to taste older quicker.  So when it is not on tap or when I at home I will enjoy a Bud, I live within a mile from the brewery.

yeah, tap is best. but if you can't get it on tap, the bottle is the next best thing. and can beer=:barf: i know right where the brewery is in St Louis. lived out in jefferson county before i joined the Army right after high school

·
Registered
148 Posts
Fransizkaner

·
Registered
258 Posts
anything that is cold, full strength and not flat pretty much... and not a can of 'Wifebeater' aka Emu Export haha..

nah Heinekin / RedBack / Corona / Millers or a nice pint of Bootleggers Raging Bull 7.1% are always a nice start to the day hehehe

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by gOOters+Nov 29 2004, 02:35 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-3-fity
@Nov 28 2004, 04:48 PM
I too am a big fan of La Fin Du monde... although its a Canadian beer not Belgium :) Its made by Unibroue. Check out Moudite as well, another Unibroue brew. Chimay is one of my new current favs as well.

Hmmm bro, you stole my words! :clap:

ditto on your fine selections.

Also, if any of you likes Belgian style, try "1554".

My fave beer of all time is a blonde made by a microbrew called "BJ's Pizza".

I also like Rolling Rock and Ticate.

I usually end up drinking Miller Lite for the carbs and the price though :drink2:

Isn't it 1664? I've had that, and it's pretty good.

Before I forget, I also had Bitberger when I was in England. It was from the tap, and it was the coldest beer I could find there when I wasn't drinking Adnams Bitter.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Heehee, nope! 1664 is a celebrated Golden brew (French maybe?) and many like it!

1554 is a dark Belgian style Ale. Both are great though :) The 1554 is brewed here though so you dont usually have to pay an arm and a leg for it (like you would for Chimay).

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yuengling is top of the line for me.

I also drink Bud Light, Sam Adams Boston Lager, and a few others.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I just had a pint of bitter called 'Bah Humbug.' It's really good, and it's 6.0%alc! ****, it went down smooth. Too bad it was my only bottle...:cry:

·
Registered
26 Posts
kilkeney's red --rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

schwartz bier- german black beer is pretty awesome!!

being that im here in germany for the moment has been pretty awesome on the beer taste buds!! :)

21 - 40 of 267 Posts