Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
post em up. not everyone like american mass-produced beers. but even if you do still post up your favorites

here are mine:
Youngs Double Chocolate Stout
Warsteiner-regular and dark
Guinness draught and extra stout
Arrogant ******* Ale
La Fin du Monde-a belgian ale
Weihenstephaner Kristall Weizen (a german weissbier)
Stella Artois
Samuel Adams Double Chocolate Bock (limited issue, got only 2 bottle left)
Paulaner Celebrator (9% beer)
and Shiner Bock

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Guiness is my fave but I really like it mixed with Bass. Called a Black and Tan. The Guiness floats on top of the Bass and make 2 layers

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I would say Yuengling Lager is my favorite.

Steve, you're quite the beer connoisseur!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Beer of choice for me would be Guiness of course, off the tap. I have to try that Young's Steve......beer googles man I haven't heard of fat tire in a long long time....:biggrin:

Kirin
Kalik
Sammy Adams Cherry Wheat
Rolling Rock
Newcastle
Ledgend Chocolate Stout (local Richmond VA Brewery back home)
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
LaBatt's Blue

I have lots of favs but those come to mind. I ran a bar that carried 128 bottled beers and had 22 on tap....I probably tasted all of them :DiRN:

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by TrackZ03@Nov 28 2004, 07:27 AM
I would say Yuengling Lager is my favorite.

Steve, you're quite the beer connoisseur!

just very picky about what beer i drink. i use to drink the mass produced beers all the time (MGD and Bud) but compared to real beer, they are nothing more than flavored water. Only tried Yuengling once, not too shabby

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Adnam's Bitter
Stella Artois
Yeungling
IPA Greenking & Youngs Double Chocolate Stout (I always buy a 4-pack of each)

At restaurants or bars, I will settle for:
Newcastle
Bass Ale
Rolling Rock
Killians Red
Leinenkugel

Okay, now I'm thirsty and need to restock my fridge...as soon as I get rid of all my leftovers.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Haha, Yuengling is the most overrated beer ever. It tastes okay, nothing great, yet people from PA praise it like it's a god. :rolf2:

I used to be a big fan of Sam Adams Winter Lager, but at some point in college I started doing the quantity over quality thing and switched to Coors Light. It's stuck with me ever since.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I am glad that nobody posted this yet. Now so all of you know, I am fan of all types of beer, except coors lite and Budweiser. Now my favorite beer of all is .....

Pilsner Urquell

Brewed in Plzen Czech
"Pilsner Urquell is truly original. Before 1842 Beers were often dark and cloudy until our visionary brewmaster in Pilsen, Czech created the world's first golden beer. this revolutionary breakthrough delivered and intensely rewarding taste and the orginal golden pilsner beer."

·
5,437 Posts
Guinness, of course :beer:

And by the looks of it, I'm not alone on this forum with Guinness as the favored beer. ****, even the "beer" icon is, well, a Guinness :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they also make the original budwieser in czech, from the budvar brewery (started in the 14th century) blows the american beer of the same name away

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Jetpilot718@Nov 28 2004, 12:16 PM
Guinness, of course  :beer:

And by the looks of it, I'm not alone on this forum with Guinness as the favored beer.  ****, even the "beer" icon is, well, a Guinness  :thumbsup:

i really like guinness, but one i tried the double chocolate stout from Youngs, i would rank that stout as my favorite

·
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by Steve350Z+Nov 28 2004, 12:32 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Jetpilot718
@Nov 28 2004, 12:16 PM
Guinness, of course  :beer:

And by the looks of it, I'm not alone on this forum with Guinness as the favored beer.  ****, even the "beer" icon is, well, a Guinness :thumbsup:

i really like guinness, but one i tried the double chocolate stout from Youngs, i would rank that stout as my favorite

Is that a local beer? I'd like to try it if its better than guinness!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Nov 28 2004, 12:23 PM
Haha, Yuengling is the most overrated beer ever.  It tastes okay, nothing great, yet people from PA praise it like it's a god.  :rolf2:

I used to be a big fan of Sam Adams Winter Lager, but at some point in college I started doing the quantity over quality thing and switched to Coors Light.  It's stuck with me ever since.

Everyone in DE praises it too. Probably 'cause we compare it to Natty lite. :lmfao:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Some of my favorites are Tommyknocker's Maple Nut Brown, Tommyknocker's Glacier Ale, Bohemia, Negro Modelo, Warsteiner and Pilsner Urquel. The Tommyknocker's are a local microbrew from Idaho Springs, the rest you probably know.

1 - 20 of 267 Posts