Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on Modified Mag tonight...anybody else seen it or read the article?

Fastest 350Z

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Think you know who has the fastest or most powerful EVO, S2000 and 350Z in the world? Well keep thinking because we found them and they are all on the East Coast, the tri-state area to be exact.
w00t! Tri-state represent!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I noticed that. Don't you guys have anything better to do than modify fast cars? :werd: :lmfao: Next thing I know, I'll be reading about Daking and his APS TTZ!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
They are the same shop that had the Z blow up from the 375 shot. With this current setup he is running a Twin Turbo setup with god knows what else. He ran an [email protected] on the VQ

First Run
R/T .493
60 foot 1.463
330 3.863
1/8th 5.863
MPH 126.42
1000 7.508
1/4 8.903
MPH 161.44

Second Run
R/T .218
60 foot 1.393
330 3.794
1/8 5.703
MPH 132.87
1000 7.304
1/4 8.640
MPH 169.38

Attachments

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Also technically the fastest one isnt that one. There is another owned by the same company I believe.

Best time of 7.30 @ 191

Its an overbore RB26 (somewhere around 2.8L), stock crank, forged pistons and this is the second head they have had on it. Don't know the psi or anything, but they said they got 150HP on the new head they put on it and have NO DOUBTS it will run 6s....

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just wanted to throw in a couple things here.

This particular Z is not the "fastest" Z in the world.

I belive that belongs to the Drag Z from Xtreme Motorworks, which was featured in the same Modified Mag. This car has the Rb26 (skyline) and is putting out 1500HP and 1400 Torque (estimated/unable to accurately measure)

It's a Drag car, so it's NOT streetable or anything like that, so perhaps that stays with MotoRex because that car can still be on the street.

I don't consider any of these "Z" cars other than the shell as the VQ35 is long gone in both of these cases.

(I came back and edited this, someone just posted the car I was referring to)

Then there are the guys over at performance mortorsport www.theexperience.com with their VQ motor (at least the block) still there with all kinds of bragging rights while streetable.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by alpine@Oct 18 2004, 10:13 PM

It's a Drag car, so it's NOT streetable or anything like that, so perhaps that stays with MotoRex because that car can still be on the street.

I don't consider any of these "Z" cars other than the shell as the VQ35 is long gone in both of these cases.

Then there are the guys over at performance mortorsport www.theexperience.com with their VQ  motor (at least the block) still there with all kinds of bragging rights while streetable.

I do agree with you. Thats why I said technically its the fastest Z in the world, but its not even the VQ. The one in the first pic is the fastest VQ Z known in the world. It is the one from performance motorsports that you are talking about. They went from running a a 10.32 to the 8.64 in a 3 week period. He is still running the VQ in it.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Originally posted by Dave079+Oct 19 2004, 12:19 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-alpine
@Oct 18 2004, 10:13 PM

Then there are the guys over at performance mortorsport www.theexperience.com with their VQ  motor (at least the block) still there with all kinds of bragging rights while streetable.

I do agree with you. Thats why I said technically its the fastest Z in the world, but its not even the VQ. The one in the first pic is the fastest VQ Z known in the world. It is the one from performance motorsports that you are talking about. They went from running a a 10.32 to the 8.64 in a 3 week period. He is still running the VQ in it.

I was just getting ready to say that i don't think it's fair to compare a Z with the RB to a Z with the VQ. I mean after all the modifications they put into those cars, if you take away the engine, you'd basically have a custom drag car with a Z body.

my .02

1 - 9 of 9 Posts