Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any idea what a reasonable price would be on an '06 Enthusiast (manual transmission - no extras) in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

We offered 28.5K at a local dealer and they blew us off. I was a bit surprised.

Any thoughts?

Heinz

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Anybody have any idea what a reasonable price would be on an '06 Enthusiast (manual transmission - no extras) in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

We offered 28.5K at a local dealer and they blew us off. I was a bit surprised.

Any thoughts?

Heinz

That was a reasonable offer. Try again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thornhill Nissan in Fort Worth.

We wanted a 2006 Enthusiast (no extras) in Lemans Sunset which they didn't have in stock but they said they could get one. According to the sales manager there was one at a dealership in Corinth (North Texas Nissan) that they would try to get.

However when it came time to talk numbers we offered $28.5K and they said they couldn't do that. We made it clear that we would buy it on the spot if they could meet that price. The sales manager even told us that they (Thornhill) might just try to get the car whether or not we buy it. We're wondering if he said that to deter us from going straight the other dealer.

Anyway, we didn't seem to be getting anywhere so we left.

I'm wondering if we should go directly to North Texas Nissan and try our luck with them.

Heinz

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
The sales manager even told us that they (Thornhill) might just try to get the car whether or not we buy it. We're wondering if he said that to deter us from going straight the other dealer.

That's exactly why he said that. Go to the place that has the car! :)

If the dealership with the car sees you are interested.. the original dealership won't get it.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
There's more than just one Nissan dealership in FT Worth, go to a different one. No, that offer was not unreasonable. I hate those games.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
call all of the dealerships around and see what they have in stock. Pick the one you want from each dealership and offer the price you are willing to pay. Walk away otherwise. They will call you back and offere to meet your price.. I had 3 dealerships all offer me 500 over invoice.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the input.

This will be my wife's daily driver. She was VERY attached to her Integra which was incredibly reliable and we were planning to keep it for at least another 5 years. But seeing as how we lost the Integra and we don't really care for the Integra's replacement (the RSX) she's ready to try something different.

I keep referring to my wife driving this car. I'm a gearhead but my passion is motorcycles so I'm strictly trying to be the voice of reason to offset/complement my wife's passion/driven choice of a car. She's more into driving than I am and thus the ultimate decision in what we pick rests upon her.

We've looked at and test-driven several cars and the nearest competitor to the 350Z was the S2000. She liked the S2000 but it's a bit of a high-reving engine for a daily driver and even though the S2000 "fit like a glove" she's not convinced that she'd be happy riding in a "glove" on a trip. I can't argue with her on that.

The 350Z in her opinion, is a bit roomier and seems to be a wonderful combination of sportiness and "daily-driverness". We really appreciate the torque of the 350Z engine over the rev-happy S2000 engine. She's not into shifting all the time.

So we're going with the 350Z and now we're determined to get one. We'd prefer a "LeMans Sunset" but would also consider a "InterLagos Fire" as a possible secondary color choice. They're both beautiful colors in our opinion.

My wife will call Thornhill Nissan tomorrow morning and give them one last chance to sell us the car we want and if they won't do it, we'll go directly to North Texas Nissan.

Sorry for being long-winded but this is an emotional as well as a practical decision for us. We really appreciate the input from you guys. We look forward to being 350Z owners.

We'll let you know what happens.

Heinz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts