Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a big fan of kit cars, but this is one I've grown quiet fond of, mainly because its the closest thing to an exotic I'll ever be able to afford. Personally, I think it looks freakin killer. In short, it has a vette motor, Porsche gearbox, and cost (frame, body, etc...not the motor and tranny) for around $20,000. To have it road ready, about $60-$75,000 (or so I have read, although some go toward $100,000). They're supposively faster than a Veyron to 60 mph, and 100 mph (6 sec flat). What you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
:thumbsup: I like the way it looks, though for that amount of dough I'd opt for a GTR...sorry, Godzilla bit me and hasn't let go...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
****, where did that pic come from? That's a nice collection.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
How sick am I that looking at this whole kit, I automatically started thinking of ways I would make it better if I had one.......the seats look like a$$, (some nice Recaros would look good in there), and I am sure a nice forged piston/valve head job on that LS7 with a raised redline (say....maybe 8K rpm as long as it still makes power that high), BBK, a few other goodies, would make this sucker **** near perfect for all sorts of driving. I like the decision to go with a Porsche transmission over the Corvette's. Night and day difference there huh?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I like the MK3 roadster, too. That would be so nice to have in the garage for the special occasion.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (Pumpkinhead @ Jul 18 2009, 09:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=580458
How sick am I that looking at this whole kit, I automatically started thinking of ways I would make it better if I had one.......the seats look like a$$, (some nice Recaros would look good in there), and I am sure a nice forged piston/valve head job on that LS7 with a raised redline (say....maybe 8K rpm as long as it still makes power that high), BBK, a few other goodies, would make this sucker **** near perfect for all sorts of driving. I like the decision to go with a Porsche transmission over the Corvette's. Night and day difference there huh?
Yea, funny you should say that...I've thought the same stuff. That is the beauty of a kit car (or any car, for that matter) is that they can be as personalized as you want. I dunno. I've been in love since I seen this car. According to youtube, it does very well on the track as well. On one forum I checked out, a guy had his GTM to 165mph easily without it getting "funky" feeling. Said it was very aerodynamically correct for performance as well as looks, although he also stated that was as fast as he wanted to go because it was ONLY a kit car, meaning that parts may not be on as good, etc., and all that jazz. I keep telling myself that I'll have this in my garage someday, though. Glad you guys enjoyed it. :)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I've changed my mind. I now like the Type 65 Coupe. Something about the sleek lines just reels me in wanting to get intimate with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts