Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and have 2005 ZR on order, curious on actual factory build time in days if anyone knows this? thx for the help. Also here goes my first post.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I believe it takes about 3 months from when the car is built till it gets to the dealer

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I think he was asking how long does it take to build one..

Not sure really, but i guess you could take a guess.. lets say there were 30k Z's built for 2004 model year. Divide that by the # of days in the previous year and you get an avg of 82 cars per day!... thats just a rough guess, but it also doesnt say how long it takes 1 car to go through the entire process... I know when i took a tour of an auto manufacturing plant, the cars seemed to never move :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">I figured that's what he meant too, but I have no idea how long it takes to build a car. And since he had just ordered the car, I figured knowing that it would take about 3 months for it to be built a get here was better than nothing

Although I guess right now you might be able to catch one that's on it's way over since they're putting out the first batch of 05s right now.
</span>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys thanks, yeah I'm looking for actual build duration in the factory. When we bought our Audi we were told 8 Days start to finish looking, curious for comparison purposes etc. My build month was Sept, ETA on delivery is month of Nov.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by NismoKid@Oct 3 2004, 10:11 AM
I have a video of the making of a BMW 3-series and it doesn't look that long.  Maybe 2-3 days max.

I saw that vid with the BMW. That was so cool how it was made. I think I still have it somewhere on here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts