Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys and girls here with another problem. my bose sub behind my seat only likes to work once in a while and when I hit the area around the sub it will work for a bit. it really sucks listening with no bass. any suggestions?

Thanks everyone!!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
mine doesnt work at all? anyone know why for this reason too everyother speaker works

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tried checking the connection's behind the bose sub? Pop the front panel off the sub and unbolt the sub. should be a little box behind there with wires going to the sub and back to the bose amp which is hidden in the left foam support in the spare tire well.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Jersey --
IIRC your car is a new to you, used 2003.
Chances are previous owner blew it out before you got it.
Have you checked to make sure that it is still in there?

And yes -- try what xbanks said. Could be as simple as a loose wire.

Also -- maybe the sub on its own fuse?

·
Registered
138 Posts
RJ, this is a very common problem, and a little relay in the sub amp is almost always the culprit. In addition to the Z some other cars using this sub amp suffer the same problem. Fortunately in a Z this sub amp is easily accessed and it is only a ten minute no-cost fix for the relay.

Right now my computer is being a brat and I was only able to goggle up this one link
Bass Drop Out - MY350Z.COM Forums
before it went on strike, but if you read down towards the end there are some detailed pictures on how to remove the amp, open it up and re-solder or shim down the errant relay. Seems to have worked for dozens of people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts