Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Install in progress...need help. Where is the factory amp located in the 350Z Coupe? Any tips for getting there will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/quote]
Yes, the Touring comes with the Bose sub and six disc HU.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
[/quote]
Yes, the Touring comes with the Bose sub and six disc HU.
<div align="right">[snapback]102108[/snapback]
[/quote]

Tell your installer to look for a "black box" back by your spare compartment - I think that the only way to get "into" it is from below (read MAJOR PIA).

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/quote]
All signs are pointing to this being the case. I was hoping we could avoid tearing into that thing. The new amp is going in the spare tire well.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/quote]
Love you Terri...is this from the service disc...'cause I can loan them mine.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
[/quote]
All signs are pointing to this being the case. I was hoping we could avoid tearing into that thing. The new amp is going in the spare tire well.
<div align="right">[snapback]102113[/snapback]
[/quote]

I really think that you should reconsider that mounting position Kenny - if for whatever reason you want to make any setting changes you will have to tear all that crap out again to make an adjustment - then put it all back together :headshake:

If you want it hidden - there is room under the "glove box" behind the passenger seat. There is also a removable "tray" so if you need to get access you can quickly & without tearing anything out to get to it. Food for thought - just trying to help :werd:

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[/quote]
<div align="right">[snapback]102113[/snapback]
[/quote]

I really think that you should reconsider that mounting position Kenny - if for whatever reason you want to make any setting changes you will have to tear all that crap out again to make an adjustment - then put it all back together :headshake:

If you want it hidden - there is room under the "glove box" behind the passenger seat. There is also a removable "tray" so if you need to get access you can quickly & without tearing anything out to get to it. Food for thought - just trying to help :werd:
<div align="right">[snapback]102128[/snapback]
[/quote]
Bill...there is nothing in my spare tire well, and it's easier to get to than the "glove box", plus more air in there to cool the amp. Thanks though...

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
whats going on here? The Bose amp is located in the left rear corner in the spare tire well. What exactly are you trying to do?

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[/quote]
Installer was trying to track down an RCA from the OEM Hu to the OEM amp...he's logged in making use of the DIY section and any other help the members here can provide.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts