Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My car came in May 2010 with a new 84 month battery. Midway Nissan said that was another reason not to subtract from the price I paid.

It died yesterday.

I called to make an appointment to replace it and was asked for paperwork. I don't have any and asked them to look in the system. Nothing. I asked them to contact Midway as I don't use them because they stink.

They call back 15 minutes later, no record of the battery going in my car.

As I need my car I went to Kragen and bought a battery. Adios 120.00.

I called Nissan corporate and fully expect they will tell me I am sol.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I hate Nissan!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Maybe you can file a complaint through the BBB to get their attention.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm giving corporate their customary week to respond.

It's not worth the time to do much more than call corporate and complain.

I just can't believe the bad luck I have had with this car. I have never seen a battery die in under three years.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
I'm giving corporate their customary week to respond.

It's not worth the time to do much more than call corporate and complain.

I just can't believe the bad luck I have had with this car. I have never seen a battery die in under three years.
Three years? Am I missing something here?

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Generally automotive batteries last three years. This one is nine months old, hence my shock.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
I hate to bring this up, my stock/oem/original battery in my '03 cranks like a wizard (I don't know how wizards crank, but they do).

Chauk this one up to unforseen **** conditions...the bright side is you get to replace your battery with one that is far better, lighter and one that will carry a real-world warrantee...just don't buy it from nissan...maybe optimal or braille??

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope your battery lasts forever!

I bought a 3 year 100% replacement /84 month battery at Kragen (around the corner) for 99 plus tax, I have had very good results with these in other cars and they literally just hand over a new battery before three years no questions asked.

The thing that bothers me is not the 99 bucks, it is Nissans constant lack of giving a ****.

This was installed by Midway Nissan, their response to the test pipes the car was traded in with (found the po on a local forum)

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
^Wow! That's ridiculous. Those are not OEM cats right? That's a huge, huge, no-no for them if the car has less than 80K miles. They are breaking Federal law.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car had 59k when I bought it. That is two tiny cats per side welded together and to the y pipe.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That's fucking ridiculous on Nissan's part. Excuse my language.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is what Midway Nissan did because they did not want to install oem cats. The car had Megan test pipes I later found out when the PO chimed in on my thread on a local forum.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Wow. That's totally against Federal law. Did you know it was like that when you bought it? If I found out about it later, I would have marched down there and demanded that they give me the price of the OEM cats back since it is now my responsibility to make the car comply with Federal law! Of course, I would have then bought some wheels with the cash. :lol:

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was like that and I had no clue. I said all that and quite a bit more, they said they are required to get it to pass emissions and it did (testing here is a joke) They reluctantly gave me 400.

I hammered them on dealerrater.com

I put in a full exhaust headers, ART pipes, XYZ, Agency Power.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
That's good that you got them to give you something. It's funny to me that they are so shady that they are only concerned about passing the State emissions regs. The Feds don't give a fawk if it passes state regs, it's still illegal.

That's some serious half-assed **** right there. They shoulda checked out the car before they bought it and once they realized that it needed $2000+ cats, they should have either stayed away from it or worked that into what they paid for it.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bet they paid less and 1/2 a*sed the repair.

·
Registered
22 Posts
thats no surprise at all the battery died. I worked for nissan for 2 1/2 years as a tech and it was not uncommon at all for batterys to be junk within a few months... U just got a bad one. O and from experience of working in the used car dept there to. The used car dept sometimes doesnt work with or even aware about those cats being under warranty or not. They will be off doing something completely different then the rest of the dealership without even letting anyone know about stuff like that. Not a good way of running things but thats what happens.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not upset the battery died, s*it happens, I am pissed at the way it was dealt with. I never got a call from corp (message left Monday-Tuesday not 100% sure which) morning. I called back Friday at 3pm mst and had a call within an hour from an email sent by the operator to executive customer service that I was being ignored.

Very nice lady is looking into it. I am sure I will get some token apology. 0well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts