Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my ordered APS TT kit for $7495 plus shipping...I can accept cashiers check or money order. The kit will be here in about two weeks. Shipping will be around $150. Keep in mind there are only 40 of these kits comming to the usa and most are sold...Serious inquries only please...I can also do internet escrow..

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
This kit intrested me so i read up on it at there home page. Now that is a nice lil unit. Well okay it look like it will kick some ass, but man that price tag realy sux's tho. Do you think the price will drop with time or what?

:thumbsup: :clap: :shiftdrive:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Sure it will drop with time. But the kit is about 2 months old, and as Julian mentioned, when this next shipment arrives to the US, there were be less than 50 APS kits in the country, so don't expect the price to drop anytime soon

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually this was the introductory price for the first batch..Expect the price to go UP in 2005...Worth every penny if you ask me, you wont find a more complete kit out there..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Daking is right . . . this is an introductory offer and the second batch is not set for production until February (plant downtime). Combine that with the fact that the US dollar is weak and you get a disadvantage to importers . . .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Julian-
I don't know how quickly I can move my s/c. If I don't take yours, what's the APS going to cost me later? I stayed away from the Greddy kits because I didn't like the front brace/airbag sensor issues. Now that APS is available, I'm reconsidering my choices.

And, will my local dyno equiped shop be able to figure out the Unichip or whatever APS calls their tuning module?
Bruce

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by 350G@Dec 3 2004, 08:44 PM
Daking is right . . . this is an introductory offer and the second batch is not set for production until February (plant downtime).  Combine that with the fact that the US dollar is weak and you get a disadvantage to importers . . .

Actually, the weak dollar makes overseas imports harder to sell if the price is too high. It works against their favor when Americans can't or won't spend the money on high dollar imports. This forces the overseas competitors to either lower their prices or ship less to the U.S.

I'm not talking about APS per se, but in general that is how the European Union is getting hammered.

Regardless, from what Julian is claiming on the kit, it seems that the APS kit is the most bang for the buck. I'm seriously considering this kit over all the others. Now I just need to scrounge up the money.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by brucekgt@Dec 4 2004, 07:54 PM
Julian-
I don't know how quickly I can move my s/c.  If I don't take yours, what's the APS going to cost me later?  I stayed away from the Greddy kits because I didn't like the front brace/airbag sensor issues.  Now that APS is available, I'm reconsidering my choices.

And, will my local dyno equiped shop be able to figure out the Unichip or whatever APS calls their tuning module?
Bruce

Its definitely expensive but more complete than any other kit available..As far as tuning there really is not much tuning to be done out of the box its way fast for 99% of people.Unfortunately I am the 1% :shiftdrive: ...The shop can tune it as long as they are authorized UNI Chip dealers with the software...
PS are you tha same guy from 350 Motoring??

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by SmoothZ+Dec 4 2004, 08:05 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-350G
@Dec 3 2004, 08:44 PM
Daking is right . . . this is an introductory offer and the second batch is not set for production until February (plant downtime).  Combine that with the fact that the US dollar is weak and you get a disadvantage to importers . . .

Actually, the weak dollar makes overseas imports harder to sell if the price is too high. It works against their favor when Americans can't or won't spend the money on high dollar imports. This forces the overseas competitors to either lower their prices or ship less to the U.S.

I'm not talking about APS per se, but in general that is how the European Union is getting hammered.

Regardless, from what Julian is claiming on the kit, it seems that the APS kit is the most bang for the buck. I'm seriously considering this kit over all the others. Now I just need to scrounge up the money.

Thisis absolutely correct..I think thats why APS has rumored that there may not be an increase on the next run..But one good thing, as of Jan 1st we no longer have to pay the duty tax for Australian products..As far as bang for the busk.your right.$7495 for the MOSTCOMPLETE kit is not all that much considering the PE kit cost $7200 and needs an ECU flash,fuel pump,boost controller,and BOV added to it to be as complete as the APS kit....You do the math.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Will you take montly payments? I'm half serious... :faint: :nervous:

If I had the money right now, I'd be all over it like white on rice.

Chris

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:lol: Wouldn't that be funny if MRC starts doing financing options?

Julian, now that you mentioned the duty rates, I'm curious as to what that rate is now and what tariff # the broker or importer is using for that kit. If you don't know, I'll look it up on Monday.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Dec 4 2004, 09:27 PM
:lol:  Wouldn't that be funny if MRC starts doing financing options?

Julian, now that you mentioned the duty rates, I'm curious as to what that rate is now and what tariff # the broker or importer is using for that kit.  If you don't know, I'll look it up on Monday.

I think it was around 2.5% on the declared value...Plus $100 for frieght for each unit plus customs broker fee to the shipper plus destination charge..Most companies*StriclyZ *Ahem* are charging their customers these fees.We are not..

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by Daking350Z+Dec 4 2004, 11:02 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Dec 4 2004, 09:27 PM
:lol:  Wouldn't that be funny if MRC starts doing financing options?

Julian, now that you mentioned the duty rates, I'm curious as to what that rate is now and what tariff # the broker or importer is using for that kit.  If you don't know, I'll look it up on Monday.

I think it was around 2.5% on the declared value...Plus $100 for frieght for each unit plus customs broker fee to the shipper plus destination charge..Most companies*StriclyZ *Ahem* are charging their customers these fees.We are not..

Yep, I thought it was 2.5%. Good for you that you're not passing those charges to the customer. :clap: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the price of doing business? If a company wants the sell merchandise, they have to pay for shipping, handling, etc. And besides, for IRS purposes, I thought a business never wants to show a profit on the books. :dunno:

You know, it could be done cheaper if you picked your own shipper and carrier and made the entry clearance yourself. I see people do it here all the time. Let me know if you need any professional tips. :wink:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by Daking350Z@Dec 5 2004, 01:18 AM
Well as of Jan 1st there is no more duty tax from down under correct?

I'll look into it. Congress can change those rates at any time. They like to reward our allies with things like that to give their economy a boost.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.