·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driven a Ford lately?

Ford Recalls 171,000 Vehicles For Various Problems
Battery, Axle, Welding Problems All Cited

POSTED: 10:59 am EDT July 8, 2004

DEARBORN, Mich. -- Ford says it is recalling 171,000 2003 and 2004 model vehicles for a variety of defects.

The largest group includes 92,000 2003 F-Series Super Duty pickup trucks and Excursion sport utility vehicles with 6-liter engines.

The vehicles may have fire-risk problems because of a defective battery ground connection to the engine block.

Ford also is recalling 53,000 2003 Crown Victorias and Lincoln Towncars.

The company says the rear axle shaft could break, resulting in a loss of power.

And the maker is also recalling 26,000 2004 Ford Taurus, Thunderbird and Mercury Sable vehicles for defective welding on the frame of the power front seat.

Like other American makers, F#rd makes a few nice vehicles at one plant, but puts a lot of [email protected] out there from another.

No dis to F#rd drivers intended....the products, good or bad, speak for themselves.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I'm really surprised they haven't. But then again, why would the French do anything that makes sense

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YEh. I got new tires & alignment treatment all right: Dealer said tires were 'warrantied', released car to me...called back this week to say & owed $425....for the proratiom (24k mi.) on the tires. This after they kept the car 3-days! ....because the broken footrest couldn't be fixed (!?!)

Deala Pleez!

SAn Leandro Nissan has been a nightmare, so I'm gonna tell 'em I have a receipt that says 'warrantied, paid in full' & a lawyer.

There's another Nissan Dealer in Hayward, across the street from the mortuary where the Mrs. works. I guess we'll try them next....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts