Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which Supercharger or TT kit has the best quality!
nomatter what they cost

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Speed Force Racing hands down IMO. The best components IMO.
http://www.speedforceracing.com/

As for supercharger, probably HKS, but...you would need to get an HKS F-Con V-Pro to use it with other mods.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
is speedforce selling their kit yet?

I would say APS hands down.. but im not too familiar with what all comes with the speedforce..

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
APS is the most complete and best quality out there,superior cast manifolds opposed to ss welded ones that are prone to cracking,more complete engine management with stock style ECU harness..Complete fuel system,internal wastegates,ect..

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
Most complete...yes, best quality...not IMO. SFR has a warranty on them just in case. Eh, a good piggyback/standalone and return fuel system would be better IMO. Eh...it doesn't really matter much to me but I like externals better...JMO.

BTW, 321SS must not be too bad if APS is offering it as an option on their single turbo kit...

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I think what really should be asked here is which kit provides the best engine longevity.. maybe a poll should be conducted to see who has FI for the longest here, and what kit they installed.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
[/quote]
Most complete...yes, best quality...not IMO. SFR has a warranty on them just in case. Eh, a good piggyback/standalone and return fuel system would be better IMO. Eh...it doesn't really matter much to me but I like externals better...JMO.

BTW, 321SS must not be too bad if APS is offering it as an option on their single turbo kit...
<div align="right">[snapback]82287[/snapback]
[/quote]
APS offers a warranty also and they back their kit 100%. They offer SS on their Single turbo kit as well but not on their Twin turbo as the cast manifolds are better for the high HP levels and heat transfer,plus the welded types are prone to failure..The SFR kit does look noce but I would like to see their kit in person and exactly how they control ther engine and timing tuning..APS has done extensive research and covered every base for the most complete,well rounded package.APS's reputation speaks for itself and ther quality need not be proved over and over agail..You like the way the SFR looks thats your opinion and you are entitled to it.I personally can speak from EXPERIENCE of APS's quality and reliability,can you do the same for SFR???

·
Registered
256 Posts
You have to tack-on another $1000 for SFR's kit to include ball-bearing turbos and another $495 for polished piping. APS comes with that. I've never heard of SFR (not saying they're good/bad), but APS is WELL-known for thier quality/reliability/durability for quite a few years. Especially in the Subaru community. When "APS" is mentioned, mouths start to water. :)

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Just some things I noticed about the SFR Turbo kit...
Price:$8500 with Ball bearing turbos($1000 more than standard APS kit)
Comes with GENERIC Spearco intercoolers (APS is SPECIFICALLY designed for the350Z)
Tial wastegates,HKS BOV Probably not covered by SFR warranty..APS manufactures their stuff and covers it..
SFR Turbos are only good for 650 HP APS good for 800HP and $1000 less..

·
Registered
256 Posts
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm agreeing with Julian. SFR is using someone elses products to complete theirs. While APS is using Garrett and Unichip, they have designed and produced many other components on thier own to make thier TT/ST system complete...AND...they're $1500 less than SFR... :irock:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
This is why there is never a "best"...only a "best" to certain people.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts