Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok now that we have so many FI options to choose from, what are the Pros/Cons of each? Are there suggested upgrades for each kit that would make them better/more reliable?

This is not a debate thread, but a fact thread. i dont want to see any X is better tha Y arguements. I only want to see how "X" system can be improved and what upgrades are possible/needed, etc.. (such as fuel management, timing control,...)

Superchargers:
ATI Procharger
HKS
Stillen
Vortech

Twin Turbos:
APS
Greddy
Power Enterprise
SSR Engineering

Single Turbos:
APS
Turbonetics

·
Registered
57 Posts
Two upgrades right off the bat would be, if an after market pump isa used make sure its a walboro, and if you are usesibg a waste gate then tial is the best, tubonetics gates fall apart I have seen it happen on three occations.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have been pondering the same question for some time. I have spent a couple days doing my research and have arrived at the following.

To get the most gain with the least amount of potential damage from FI I'll upgrade my internals to include the following:

AEBS Stroker Kit with 8.5 to 1 compression ratio
Borla Exhaust to allow breathing of course
Exedy Hyper Carbon clutch
Stoptech Big Brake Kit 14" (little point in having a lot of power if you can't stop it)
KAAZ limited slip differential (self explanatory)
Nismo Thermostat
Lightened flywheel
Enlarged oil pan - holds an extra quart
Upgraded fuel pump
510 cc injectors
Fluidyne radiator
and the coup de gras - Greddy Twin Turbo kit with intercooler (note some parts above come with this kit)

With a boost controller and dual blow offs I should be able to get 600+ streetable HP out of this configuration and a relatively tame boost level. With the new pistons, crank, valves, etc. I expect I could get significantly more from 4.3 liters at +15 psi.

I've already done the wheels/tires upgrade to allow of the brakes to fit. Volk GT-7's

Thankfully I have no wife or g/f at this time so my disposable income is not tapped.

I can send you price lists for what I've found the best deal on and where.

Peace,

Dean

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by grymattr@Jun 21 2005, 08:51 AM
I have been pondering the same question for some time.  I have spent a couple days doing my research and have arrived at the following.

To get the most gain with the least amount of potential damage from FI I'll upgrade my internals to include the following:

AEBS Stroker Kit with 8.5 to 1 compression ratio
Borla Exhaust to allow breathing of course
Exedy Hyper Carbon clutch
Stoptech Big Brake Kit 14" (little point in having a lot of power if you can't stop it)
KAAZ limited slip differential (self explanatory)
Nismo Thermostat
Lightened flywheel
Enlarged oil pan - holds an extra quart
Upgraded fuel pump
510 cc injectors
Fluidyne radiator
and the coup de gras - Greddy Twin Turbo kit with intercooler (note some parts above come with this kit)

With a boost controller and dual blow offs I should be able to get 600+ streetable HP out of this configuration and a relatively tame boost level.  With the new pistons, crank, valves, etc. I expect I could get significantly more from 4.3 liters at +15 psi. 

I've already done the wheels/tires upgrade to allow of the brakes to fit.  Volk GT-7's

Thankfully I have no wife or g/f at this time so my disposable income is not tapped. 

I can send you price lists for what I've found the best deal on and where.

Peace,

Dean
[snapback]118577[/snapback]​

great info.. could you PM pricing and more info?

·
Registered
4 Posts
$7800.00 - AEBS Vq35de Stroker Kit - AEBSRacing/HopUpRacing
$124.95 - Nismo Thermastat - PerformanceNissanParts
$3569.95 - Tilton 8lb Flywheel & 2 Disc Carbon-Carbon Clutch Package - PerformanceNissanParts (flywheel is about 800 but this is the lightest i could find and this is the kit i have)
$4495.00 - STOPTech Four Wheel Big Brake Kit 14.1" - PerformanceNissanParts

dont really know a price about enlarged oilpan theres the APS oilpan you can buy seprate from rallysportdirect, or with the APS kit, and the JWT oilpan spacer

oilpan spacer is only 99bucks and adds a quart, the full aps pan is around 600 i think anyways hope this helps

and my view on the turbo's, well i have the APS kit installed, very very crisp throttle response, nice easy bolt on installation, very easy to tune, runs very smooth at 16psi with the aebs stroker kit, loads of torque all over the powerband, so together both of these kits are very potent, and APS in my opinion was a thuroughly researched kit

-Brad

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
GReddy Twin Turbocharger Kit needs the following to run the boost from GReddy (5.6 PSI)....
Walbro 255lph In-Tank Fuel Pump
Ignition timing harness for eManage
Tuned by an experienced tuner
Blow-Off Valve
GReddy e-01 boost controller

To make it even safer...
Return Fuel System (preferrable mine :lol: )
CJ-Motorsports CAS wire

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by Neverblu@Jun 26 2005, 11:08 PM
$7800.00 - AEBS Vq35de Stroker Kit - AEBSRacing/HopUpRacing
$124.95 - Nismo Thermastat - PerformanceNissanParts
$3569.95 - Tilton 8lb Flywheel & 2 Disc Carbon-Carbon Clutch Package - PerformanceNissanParts (flywheel is about 800 but this is the lightest i could find and this is the kit i have)
$4495.00 - STOPTech Four Wheel Big Brake Kit 14.1" - PerformanceNissanParts

dont really know a price about enlarged oilpan theres the APS oilpan you can buy seprate from rallysportdirect, or with the APS kit, and the JWT oilpan spacer

oilpan spacer is only 99bucks and adds a quart, the full aps pan is around 600 i think anyways hope this helps

and my view on the turbo's, well i have the APS kit installed, very very crisp throttle response, nice easy bolt on installation, very easy to tune, runs very smooth at 16psi with the aebs stroker kit, loads of torque all over the powerband, so together both of these kits are very potent, and APS in my opinion was a thuroughly researched kit

-Brad
[snapback]122347[/snapback]​

$7800 seems insanely expensive for a stroker kit. Are there any other vendors making such a kit?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
$7800 is pretty fair. If you price the components they include it comes out to the same price or more. JUN is the only other that makes a stroker (3.8).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by Nis350ZTT@Jul 10 2005, 04:15 PM
$7800 is pretty fair. If you price the components they include it comes out to the same price or more. JUN is the only other that makes a stroker (3.8).
[snapback]129442[/snapback]​

This hobby gets expensive quick :doh:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here's a list of what I'd add......

-Oil cooler
-Tranny cooler (auto)
-full range of gauges (go Defi if you can afford them)
-Stainless braided cooler lines with AN fittings
-tranny swap (you'll blow up the stock one)
-maybe a custom driveshaft with H/D U-joints
-water injection (aqua mist if you can afford it)
-Motronic complete stand alone, no piggy back BS (about $5000)
-stiffer motor/tranny mounts
-EGT
-wide band
-5 pt harness so when you crash racing you won't fly throuogh the windshield
-windshield wiper louvers so they don't lift off the windshield at 160+mph

I'm sure there's more...... :shiftdrive:

sean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts