Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please, I really need some good technical advice!
I have an 03' base model Z and I just finished installing my Turbonetics kit myself.
When I was finished, I started the car and it was idling around 1250 RPMs. The car reached normal operating temp. and the car still is at 1250 to about 1300 RPMs. I have a check engine light on and the code is P0507 (Idle Control System RPM HigherThan Expected) I called turbonetics and talked to them and they said, check for a intake manifold leak. So I did. Nothing. There is no leak anywhere I can see. They said that it is just about impossible to have a bad ECU flash. They said that the base idle target was set at 900 RPMs. What could it possibly be? is there an adjustment anywhere on the car? Could there be something wrong with the throttle body? Please any suggestions? :banghead:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Hmm.. this happened to a friend of mine with an SR20DET. His idle was real high, and he was running fairly lean. At idle, his turbine stage would glow red. They fixed it for him somehow at the dyno place.. I'd suggest that.

Could it be a wastegate issue, as in, the idle rpm is creating slight boost because of a faulty/incorrectly installed wastegate?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, I am under the car right now and there is a slight leak coming from the wastegate, it is just a little. Could that be just enough? is the system of turbocharge really that sensitive?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I took the Z for a test drive and she is extremely strong. fast is an under statement. I am definitely impressed with power. BUT, the idle is still too high!! I managed to seal up the wastegate. If anybody has any suggestions please post, nobody seems to know what it could be. :sucks:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Only thing we can suggest is to check everything...all the lines, pipes, seals, etc. Personally, i'd get a leakdown test. If you can't find the leak, ask a local shop you trust to do a leakdown test.

It seems like if it was a leak, it would be idling lower than what Turbonetics set on the reflash. Are you sure all of the vacuum lines are connected?

·
Registered
587 Posts
you need to reset your idle.

www.technosquareinc.com/350reset.htm

has the instruction on how to do the reset, but the site is down right now.
I'll see if I can find them when I get home. I think I have them saved but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
191 Posts
At any time did you disconnect the electrical connector to the throttle body after having your ecu reinstalled and the battery connected? if so, i think i read that anytime that occurs you will have to go through the resetting procedures as previously mentioned by Chazzg. it happened to me when i took my plenum off to get polished a short while back. i did not disconect the battery before disconnecting that plug. it caused me to have a high idle. the reset procedure fixed the problem.

i just installed my t-netics kit and made a couple of easily fixable mistakes but none caused my SES light to cut on. i idle @900-950, just under 1 grand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts