Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so the door panel didn't explode.....but, last night my girl was getting into my z and when she went to close the door the aluminum passenger hand grip flew off and the window and lock surround flew right with it, and i was just sitting their staring into my door panel in shock. Now either my girl has super-human strength, or nissan needs to step their quality control up a notch. I think it's the latter......my girl is a slim 115 lbs for cryin' out loud!!! :doh:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
We can't be sure it wasn't your GF, so we are requesting pics of her to make sure it's Nissan's fault. :wink:

:jk: They definitely need to use better glue or screws or clamps...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by TOYKILLA@Jul 24 2005, 11:15 AM
has that panel ever been removed? it is possible someone forgot some bolts..
[snapback]136386[/snapback]​

nope, it seems as if the handle and window button and lock sorround are all clips. it appear that the clips just snapped

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Jul 24 2005, 11:15 AM
We can't be sure it wasn't your GF, so we are requesting pics of her to make sure it's Nissan's fault. :wink:

:jk:  They definitely need to use better glue or screws or clamps...
[snapback]136387[/snapback]​

:clap: thats pretty funny :rolf2:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Originally posted by he2nyce+Jul 24 2005, 09:16 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TOYKILLA
@Jul 24 2005, 11:15 AM
has that panel ever been removed? it is possible someone forgot some bolts..
[snapback]136386[/snapback]​

nope, it seems as if the handle and window button and lock sorround are all clips. it appear that the clips just snapped
[snapback]136390[/snapback]​

the handle should be bolted in.. every z i have worked on has been bolted together there...

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Doug my husband actually ripped that handle right off at a meet once....he wanted to run away! :ahhh: :hide2: LOL But the dealership covered it under warranty, but the surronding panel to the locks didn't come off :OMG: Get it to the dealership. My door had not been cracked open ever before and it came right off in his hand....

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Hey this just happened to me...well almost. I was getting in the passenger side to let JC take shezhot around the block and when I grabbed the door the handle, at the top, popped out!! But before I could show JC as I shut the door it popped back into place and I couldn't replicate it or even jiggle it loose!! WHat gives??? Hope it doesn't pop out anytime soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts