Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I'm looking at getting either a Titanium or the new APS exhaust and was looking for opinions. The Titanium has the advantage of being significantly lighter than the APS but I have to say I liike the look of the tailpipes on the APS and have read that the sound is terrific.

Suffice to say I'm not planning on racing so the weight benefit is nice but really not that important. It probably comes down to price more than anything.

I know the Ti is a lot moer expensive but I may be able to get it at the same price as the APS which makes it something to consider.

I know there've been heaps of posts about exhausts but thought I'd get your opinions on these two specifically, based on them being the same price.

Let me have it! :bump:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Take the APS... imho

It's a true dual exhaust. I'm yet to see a Ti one that is.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guys I'm talking to told me you can only get the dual APS for the Turbo??? Does that sound right? I know the Ti is not dual though for sure.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
The APS exhaust will bolt on to a N/A car.

If you're not fussed about mass, get the APS one. It should be cheaper (to replace at least - those titanium tips will stand out and make your car attractive to thieves and cops) and flow better.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Unfortunately High-Tech or APS are the two best bets for us in OZ.
Both locally backed up should anything go wrong (not that it should in a S/S exhaust).
The weight saving of the Ti isn't worth it especially since you don't plan on the track.
I don't know who told you the APS is only for FI cars, not true.
In my opinion the APS looks higher quality than the high-tech & I like the fact it is 'true dual'
Both will give you the same power increase.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The only Ti exhaust that I know of for the Z is the Amuse exhaust and a few people on this forum have this. The weight reduction is good (I like any mod that strips weight down) but this is offset (in my opinion) by the ugly (too big) milo cans that act as tips. Sound and performance is good from this exhaust.

The APS exhaust has the benefit of being a true dual exhasut and it looks top quality for stainless steel. Also the tips are about the same size as the factory jobies, so the cops and thieves may leave you be. Again sound and perfomance are good and there is always the option to keep for TT.

So, what is more important to you?
If you prefer the stock look and true dual, then go APS.
If you prefer the modded look and weight reduction, go Ti.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
actually there are a lot of Ti exhausts... i would preferr Ti because you can shed 50lbs. That is a significant amount of weight for the Z.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
50lbs on a 3750lb car is a 1% decrease in mass. To be honest I don't know if you'll notice. Most of that mass reduction is going to be from the rear of the car, making it even more front heavy.

At the same time, if I could have afforded to go Ti I would have. While in itself it seems negligible, you start weight reducing other areas and it all adds up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Weighing it all up, no pun intended, I think the APS looks better and, in the unlikely event anything does go wrong, welding or fixing a stainless exhaust will be a lot less complex than a Ti one! On top of that I also hate big fart cans hanging out the back. (I like rice but on a plate, not a car!)

So the decision is made, for me the APS is the way to go!

Merry Christmas everyone

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Matey,

I'm not sure if you are in Sydney, if you are it may be worth while coming along to the APS day in Feb.

Since I have decided to purchase the APS system, have asked Peter to do a before and after comparo on the day. Peter has been kind enough to try and have one shipped over for the day. If all goes well it would give you and others here a good idea of power increase sound etc ....

I'll make sure to take allot of pics on the day also

Cheers
Mike

Oh and a Merry Christmas to all also

·
Registered
562 Posts
Mikenbn, sounds good, I'll be there and I would like to see it as well. I'll take a lot of photos as well, since i've spent my exhaust money on a new DSLR ;)

·
Registered
562 Posts
KY, good one :D , but wrong. I got myself a Nikon D70 (a digital SLR) while I was in singapore and few other goodies, it was a hard decision if I should have got the camera or the exhaust.

But on the other note I'll get a chance to shoot some great photos of the 350z this xmas (I hope).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, I am in Sydney and would love to come along. I'll probably have the APS fitted by then but that's OK as I'd still like to come along anyway.

Just let me know when and whwere and I'll hopefully be able to make it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts