Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Originally posted by ZPartsGuy@Jul 11 2005, 09:44 AM
Thanks
[snapback]129745[/snapback]​

please provide what you are looking for in an exhaust. From the poll, it seems all you are looking for is something "true dual". If staying N/A, the borla would be the best exhaust for gains since it has an H-pipe, but it has a million pieces. I think the invidia sounds the best out of the 3, but has pretty small diameter piping. Injen sounds like crap IMO, so I would forget that one all together.

Check out the Greddy EVO2 as well

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now NA but soon enough it will be FI. I dont know what I am looking for really - I get good pricing on those 3 which is why I was looking at those.

~Z~

·
Registered
376 Posts
I am sure people will disagree, but anyway. I was told by SEVERAL shops, that if you are going FI, then a large 3" or so single exhaust will be better than a dual pipe setup. If you look at most turbo "race" cars, they use a single pipe not dual. Anyway, its just what I was told and have noticed.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
That's pretty broad/general. Are they V6s they are talking about? Inline motors DO do better with a single exhaust. V motors usually do not. Though, you can use a formula to determine what will flow best (can't find it though, I saw a post about it on my350z and couldn't find it now though).

·
Registered
376 Posts
Take a look at some of the Z turbo race cars or some of the other V6 cars. AFter I started looking, I was surprised to see that alot of them run a single pipe.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I say the Borla only because I've heard it and it sounds amazing.

Borla and Nismo are my two choices of exhaust that I would go with over stock, only because they sound so much like stock but a bit louder.

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
I am a big fan of the Fujitsubo Legalis in Stainless. The price os good one it and the sound is awesome. Of course I could be biased because thats whats on my car. Plus the tips stand out compared to all the others.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
This thread is 2+ years old. Why is it being dug up now?

Ronin Z

·
Registered
6 Posts
what about aps or stillen??? i believe the aps is the nicest one out there, imo!

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
This thread is 2+ years old. Why is it being dug up now?
My first thoughts as well.
Somebody may have recently voted so it got triggered to show up as a new or active post.
Yeah, but I bet he already bought an exhaust and frankly, has probably sold the Z by now (kidding)....

People sometimes don't check the dates of threads before they post.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.