Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm thinking of replace the stock exhaust and still undecide between these 3:

Nismo
Stillen
Borla

So for all the experts in here, which one do you recommend?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I'm not a big fan of any of these, but Borla seems to be very popular and I hear the Nismo one might be a little overpriced (not sure though). And, if I'm not mistaken, there are two Stillen exhausts. Which one were you looking at?

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by Bubble@Oct 17 2004, 04:25 PM
And one important issue: Are they all LEGAL?

I assume you mean street legal. I believe the first GReddy (was it the SP2?) is the only that has come out for the Z that isn't. Since this stuff is handled state to state, I suppose there is a chance they aren't all street legal where ever you live, but you shouldn't have any problems with those three

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
If you check out the classifieds on this site, you'll see Chazz has an exhaust system for sale. All 3 you listed are good, but Borla has the most pieces, and I think it's also the heaviest (not sure though).

I would also check out the modifications sections and see all the threads about exhaust. Track just got a Greddy, and I've personally seen and heard the Injen SES (which is nice).

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Yeah Smooth, those are the two that I like, but they are also the most expensive. **** GReddy! Haha

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
There are a lot of good choices out there.

Yeah, be sure to include GReddy in your "potential exhausts". I love mine!!! Ingen's is good from what I hear also.

A lot of things to consider: weight vs stock exhaust, performance, sound....

What exactly are you looking for out of your exhaust?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts