Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

exhaust suggestions

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  jinxxycat 
#1 ·
I'm not to knowledgeable about all the pipes underneath the Z. I was considering putting in headers. If i do that,..is there anything else that i should alter to accomadate this addition...like a new exhaust or whatever else there is. Or if i chose to do exhaust,..is there anything else i need or will just an exhaust work fine.

#2 ·
Getting headers should replace your stock exhaust manifolds. It will/should fit with the rest of your exhaust system. It's also a difficult DIY job. If you buy an aftermarket exhaust system, that might be a little easier. When you buy a system, whether it be catback exhaust, headers, or test pipes, they should come with all the necessary parts needed to complete the install.

#3 ·
I went with the whole setup from headers, test pipes, and exhaust. Smooth is correct on the header install, it's not easy and definately not for anyone not mechanically inclined. A salty DIY'er would have no problem but I don't' think it's recommended if you're not sure of your abilities under the hood. Installing headers is alot harder with the engine still mounted so that's another thing to consider. As far as exhaust, it's really not bad at all, just make sure all the parts are there, like Smooth said, all the necessary parts should come with the exhaust.

Good luck!

#5 ·
[/quote]

LOL! Yeah, that was my weekend project! Installed a bunch of things that weekend. Was glad when it was all said and done and had no extra bolts laying around. What a great feeling. I still haven't found a place for all my stock parts to rest, laying around in the garage for now :rolf2:

#6 ·
[/quote]

LOL! Yeah, that was my weekend project! Installed a bunch of things that weekend. Was glad when it was all said and done and had no extra bolts laying around. What a great feeling. I still haven't found a place for all my stock parts to rest, laying around in the garage for now :rolf2:
<div align="right">[snapback]87617[/snapback]
[/quote]

and there those stock parts shall stay, just like mine in the basement, did manage to sell a few things here and there, think the hubby threw out the stock air box :rolf2: And +1 on the no extra bolts....that's always a good thing!!!! :lmfao: Man I can't wait to get back to work on Lucy, and to get a new house w/ a GARAGE too! :cheers:

#9 ·
[/quote]

I am right there w/ ya bro...luckily hubby has a hook up that lets us use his shop's lifts nights and sundays if we need, that is where we did the exhaust install....the rest of the work has been either down at the fire hall (hubby is VFD and we can use the truck garage for work, providing we get out of the way if they get a fire call :helpsmilie: )...but all other work is in the driveway down n dirty. Hubby thinks there is something wrong w/ him coming home and seeing me elbow deep in the engine bay, parts all over the driveway....nothin wrong w/ that is there? :lmfao: :helpsmilie:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.