Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 350Z 6 Speed //
I recently got Stillen headers, Invidia HighFlow cats and the Stillen stainless steel exhaust (Stillen dosnt make HFC for my year)

1. Theres white smoke coming out of it when I rev it or get on it.

2. After 3k rpms theres a really bad raspy sound.

How can I get rid of the raspy sound and keep the deep GTR type tone?

·
Registered
408 Posts
With the set up you have(incl the headers which IMO are a useless mod-but will
give you a more wide open sound)you are gonna get rasp or what I call,
exhaust overide.I'd think your options to reduce this is to replace the resonator
with one that offers a more silent tone.It will also give a greater exhaust resistance
that would make me wonder why did you select the components you bought.
They were gonna make a louder exhaust.The HFC'S make it louder.
Another option I have used that works is to install tailpipe exhaust tip resonators.
These are small mushroom shaped pieces connected to a short tube that install
into the exhaust tips.Don't know the inside diameter of the Stillen system.There are
resonators available in different diameters.The only downside is you may have to drill
a hole in the onderside of the exhaust tips to hold the resonators in with a screw.If interested,check online for universal fit resonators.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the shop that i was getting the work done at said it would be a great idea for more power and come to find out they just wanted my money. I want more power and do not want a crappy sound. I am not interested in a loud sounding exhaust or flashy by any means. I prefer power over looks. Should I put the stock headers back on along with the stock cats and leave the exhaust? What can I do to generate power n/a that is legal? I live in California sadly enough. Do you recommend any shops in Southern Ca? Van Nuys / Los Angeles?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts