Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Exhaust residue on bumper

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  125kart 
#1 ·
California Duster

#6 ·
guess so.. thats odd. It says that SmoothZ started this thread, yet it shows that vo7848 started it inside.. i guess the first post is missing?
I had quite the narrative in the original post. I can't believe it's gone. :cry:

#11 ·
Dang dude!! That's a bad build-up. What's causing that? Maybe extra Z5 back there.
Long road trips mixed with whatever fuel additives the gas stations use. I can only surmise that the exhaust fumes carry some kind of residue that sticks to the bumper and over time builds up to an orange film. It took a lot of scrubbing, but I got it off.

#12 ·
use armor all on the bumper to remove the residue.

works like a champ!!!!

#14 ·
i have the same thing on the underside of the bumper.. it doesnt come off.
Sounds like the build-up crap I get on the inside of my rims from my Stoptech's. I don't get brake dust anymore on the face of the rim, just this sticky residue on the inside that takes some serious elbow grease to remove.

#16 ·
Claybar does best to remove that exhaust residue. Give it a shot and let us know Dave. :thumbsup:
Last year, I used a claybar and it took forever. This year, it wasn't so bad with just the soap and water and elbow grease.

#17 ·
Same thing happened to me and I put up with it for a year thinking the paint was just messed up from the guy that had the car before me because washing did nothing. I just claybar'd the spot last weekend with some detail spray and it came right off. Wish I thought of that earlier. :doh:

#20 ·
Simple green. I had a white Isuzu that I tried everything on. I got the tip and tried it sure enough it worked great. The other hot tip is WD-40. We use it on our Shifter Karts at the track. It removes Tire marks and the 2 Stroke oil the sprays out of others exhaust. It cleans it shines it leaves no oil behind which is why it sucks as a lubricant :doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.