Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi First time poster :wavey:
We are going to be getting Nismo rims, new tires and Nismo sways, but we cant decide if we should get the Nismo exhaust or S-tune suspension, but cant get both at this time (gotta eat this month ). But what would or should be a priority to you guys exhaust or susp? and why? Just want to hear some opinions on it.

Thx

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Or you could get different things than Nismo, pay half the price for it, and get both! :thumbsup:

IMO, Nismo parts are overpriced. If you're set on getting it though, I say get the suspension parts first. :werd:

·
Registered
22 Posts
It depends on what u want from your car. I personally am looking to get some extra power, so i would choose the exhaust becuase i think that this car corners like a dream as it is. Like i said before, its all about what u want from the car.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Hey, welcome! What a way to start off on the Z! By the sounds of it, you're already modding your suspension with new wheels/tires and sways. You might as well complete it with a full suspension mod.

I wouldn't worry about the exhaust just yet. You'll feel a difference when you get the suspension work done first. The light weight Nismo wheels frees up some HP. I would advise that you shop around for an exhaust system. There are better out there, in my opinion. That is, of course, you are planning to make a Nismo Z. Then stick with that brand.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
welcome to the site first!
second....me personally i would get the exhaust 1st and then the suspension.
add more performance, then u will need better handeling

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
welcome to the site first!
second....me personally i would get the exhaust 1st and then the suspension.
add more performance, then u will need better handeling
Not really. If you improve the handling first and get used to it coupled with the decent amount of power the Z is putting out, then you're more than halfway there to meet your needs to upgrade your performance. Adding HP is neverending, but if you start with the suspension and handling, you won't have to worry about it for a long time.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
It depends on what u want from your car. I personally am looking to get some extra power, so i would choose the exhaust becuase i think that this car corners like a dream as it is. Like i said before, its all about what u want from the car.

Don't expect that much extra power.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
in my opinion...

you'll get more from modifying the suspension.

here's why I believe this:

the Z is a great handling car. You can get a lot more out of it making suspension changes, because it's already a step in that direction.

The power you get from an exhaust is mild. It's more about the note/tone/sound.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
And once you upgrade the suspension, it will be able to handle whatever other performance mod you do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you so much for all your replies :)

Will most likely put on the suspension parts first as that takes the longest to install and we'll be there changing out the rims anyway and then in a month or two get an exhaust, but hubby's still on the fence :doh: . Im more for handling and reliability than speed anyhow, unlike my hubby(if it were up to him it would be an FI SC) :shiftdrive:

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
unlike my hubby(if it were up to him it would be an FI SC) :shiftdrive:

... And we're off!! There it goes... the ball is rolling now!

Next stop, never-ending-land.. :)

:shiftdrive:

---

Take your time and look around a bit. The Nismo stuff is good, but you can ceratainly find better/better for less.

But if you are sold on the Nismo... :wavey:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
In my opinion NISMO is overpriced and a very small step up in perfofmance over stock.I would rather see you go with a nice Tanabe Sustec pro, or Tein suspension over the NISMO.NISMO is a way of the dealer raping you for performance parts and saying your warranty is intact when they in fact will NOT honor a warranty on a NISMO part as NISMO has no real affiliation with NISSAN parts and service. I HIGLY reccomend not going NISMO for price reasons,there are much better products out there at fractions of the price.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Okay - first, welcome :welcome:

I agree with those who say Nismo is over-priced. All it takes is some research to confirm this.

Your question: exhaust is a very minor hp improvement. Suspension is a very tangible enhancement. Since I put on my Eibach springs and Hawk brakes (and larger tires), I can't believe the difference (in cornering). Some of our members seem more driven toward acceleration. I'm driven toward the twisties!

Nismo? No. :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Again thanks for all your replies (an update) we are going to be getting a Tanabe sustec pro w/helper springs susp and an exhaust as well, guess my orig question went out the door :) but thanks in part to you guys and the folks over at Performance Nissan(where we bought car) who also gave us some great and helpful suggestions.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Leslie - I can't tell from your avatar - is that a Corgi?

Here's my corgi & shi-tzu - (Tony & Vinne).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts