Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only like the looks of Injen and HKS hi power (they look very similar in style).
I want to order the injen, cuz the price is 1/2 of that of HKS.
I'm stressing out about the low end torque loss.

also, I'm considering Helix test pipes. I'll be doing the install myself.
Is there any welding involved? would it be raspy? My 1st choice is the
crawford cats, but again.. the cost difference.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
There shouldn't be any welding involved and are you sure that it loses low end torque? :dunno:

The Helix test pipes with the Injen exhaust would definitely be raspy though. The Injen is already loud, and the test pipes would be (in my opinion) obnoxious. Megan resonated pipes are not much more expensive than the Helix non-resonated though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
728 Posts
I only like the looks of Injen and HKS hi power (they look very similar in style).
I want to order the injen, cuz the price is 1/2 of that of HKS.
I'm stressing out about the low end torque loss.

also, I'm considering Helix test pipes. I'll be doing the install myself.
Is there any welding involved? would it be raspy? My 1st choice is the
crawford cats, but again.. the cost difference.

READ THIS LINK BEFORE YOU BUY INJEN EXHAUST

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
*sigh* feels like I'm back to square one. Maybe I'll save up and go with the original combo of HKS Ti hi powr + crawford cats....

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Definitely be raspy with the helix pipes.. as far as the install I installed a TD exhaust and it was easy enough, as long as you're able to get the Z up in the air.

·
Registered
728 Posts
*sigh* feels like I'm back to square one. Maybe I'll save up and go with the original combo of HKS Ti hi powr + crawford cats....

Check out the greddy evo2 - sounds great and kind of has the look you are going for

Or

Check out the APS - Sounds awesome, but has a stock look - sorry

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Check out the greddy evo2 - sounds great and kind of has the look you are going for

Or

Check out the APS - Sounds awesome, but has a stock look - sorry
Yep, I have the APS 2.5 exhaust along with Crawford cats on my car and can attest to great sound w/o rasp + felt gains in low, mid, and high rpms + fantastic quality/build. At the same time, I was going for a stock look and not too loud sound, whereas you seem to be seeking a different look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts