Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now the car has a SES injen true dual cat-back exaust system.

it is what came on the car when i got it. i was wanting to take it off and go to my bodyshop and do a custom 2.5" exaust without any restrictions.

is there going to be enuf backpressure from the cats alone to keep the engine safe?

if it works and sounds good...

im sellin the full exaust for cheap if anyone is interested

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
what kind of muffler are you going to use? I have seen quite a few custom exhausts, and most of them came out not so good sounding..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wasnt going with any mufflers... going straight with it all the way back, im not worried about the loudness or emissions tests.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
are you leaving the cats on? if so most any of the aftermarket exhaust will not be raspy. If you put test pipes on, many of the aftermarket exhausts will sound raspy unless you decide to use resonated test pipes. Even then it is not guaranteed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks. ill have a clip of what mine sounds like.

i have stock cats - custom 2.5 from cat all the way back with no mufflers except the ses injen resonators about mid length and some custom 3" angled single tips.

sounds awesome :)

nice and throaty with just a little rasp.

also i have
the ses injen exaust except the resonators for sale..

since i took the resonators ill sell the complete kit for $200

PM with offers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah ill get a pic of it :)

no scratches. only thing that isnt there is the resonators, they were cut off for my use. you can use the turbo resonators from AA and they sound the exact same. which is what i was gonna do but i didnt want to spend any more money than i had too.

but the kit was pro installed and i have receipt and warranty for it.

ill get pics up tuesday when i make it home from college

thanks,

scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts