Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry, I didn't realise that there was this forum before I started posting like a maniac!

I have no wheels.... It makes me sad as I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to driving. It's definitely my redbull. I sold my baby 5-6 months ago before I flew over to the US a couple of months ago. I came from some bizarre little island that's full of concrete, smells and blue blood called England. The UK seems a million miles away from Tampa. It takes me nearly 24 hours when ever I fly back and forth!! The darn stopovers are never short for me it seems.

I am in the US as I want to go to the UTI (Universal Technical Institute) to do Hot Rod mechanics, progressing to NASCAR when I've qualified for the performance section.

I'm doing my GED right now so I can start my course in May/June 2006. It's frustrating doing my GED as I just want to go to the UTI to do mechanics!!

The people in the US are fantastic. Everyone is so friendly, open, warm and fun. All of those things are not easy to find in the UK!!

Joanna

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome chaps!!

I'm a surrey girl!! That's the county just south of London. It's full of trees, shrubs and Indian restaurants. It's nice. Bucks is nice too.

jinxxycat, what did you think of the Brits?? Friendly, odd, introverted and hard to understand as they talk funny?

I have a property in Colchester in Essex. I tried to sell it a couple of months ago but the market is very stagnant unfortunately, so I'm trying to get it rented....fingers a crossed!

Joanna

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Hi Joanna - Welcome, mate. :welcome:

Good to have you aboard here.

Glad you're getting your GED. I got mine back in 1992.

Click on the link at the end of my signature, then click on "Rigs to Rhetoric." It's an article I wrote for a magazine here in North Carolina.

I think you might relate to it. :irock:

Let us know if we can help, you hear?

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Thanks for the welcome chaps!!

I'm a surrey girl!! That's the county just south of London. It's full of trees, shrubs and Indian restaurants. It's nice. Bucks is nice too.

jinxxycat, what did you think of the Brits?? Friendly, odd, introverted and hard to understand as they talk funny?

I have a property in Colchester in Essex. I tried to sell it a couple of months ago but the market is very stagnant unfortunately, so I'm trying to get it rented....fingers a crossed!
Joanna
I love the Brits! It's a beautiful country with rich heritage, and despite the rain always love returning. And I get the british humor too! :lol: Not a lot of the yanks get it! Monty Python, a fave of mine, Benny Hill, even Mr. Bean :rolf2: Oh and Ab-Fab, to die for :biggrin: I loved my time there, and sure that I will return many times again. :wavey:

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Welcome to the site! :welcome:

Always nice to see Tech attract people from overseas!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts