Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate information from anyone who has input on quality,performance, and appearance of the GREDDY EVO2 exhaust!!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Thanks!!!

I appreciate your Input very much.

I ran the exhaust before I went FI.

Tone is awesome. very controlled, even with test pipes - no drone. I loved the look of the exhaust. Quality is decent. Definitely a good exhaust for N/A because it incorporates an X-pipe into the design

Clips for your enjoyment:
Pull away

Dyno Run

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really appreciate the info and the videao/sound clips!!

Did you do any testing to determine gains over stock, or were you able to tell any performance difference?

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Really appreciate the info and the videao/sound clips!!

Did you do any testing to determine gains over stock, or were you able to tell any performance difference?

Like Chris said, with NA most aftermarket exhausts are going to provide similar gains, within a few hps. 10 hp can be hard to notice on the butt dyno, but the exhaust note could trick your mind in to feeling some extra kick :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is interesting that the SportZ magazine tests showed a max gain of 8 HP for the best and a loss of HP and torque on the worst.

Stillen still claims 16HP gain, but I do not see any other manufacturers publishing any numbers, which tends to make me think that any gains may be incidental.

·
Registered
728 Posts
It is interesting that the SportZ magazine tests showed a max gain of 8 HP for the best and a loss of HP and torque on the worst.

Stillen still claims 16HP gain, but I do not see any other manufacturers publishing any numbers, which tends to make me think that any gains may be incidental.
HP from an exhaut is just an added plus. You should buy your exhaust based on looks, sound, quality, and price. All exhausts are going to perform about the same in a n/a environment, so no reason to even throw gains into the equation.

FI, now that is a completely different can of worms. Quality and flow should be your only two factors when selecting an exhaust. Getting one that sounds good, looks good, and is relatively speaking cheap on top of one that flows well are just added pluses.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Thanks again.

I appreciate the input, since you have used the Evo 2 exhaust.

When selecting an exhaust for n/a you are going to want a setup that is disigned like the nismo - stock like with improved y-pipe. Or a dual that incorporates an H pipe (like the borla) or an X pipe like the EVO2. This will keep you from loosing low end TQ like you have seen on the injen SES. It will also improve exhaust note.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hi all. Just have a few questions on the Greddy Evo2 exhaust?
-Is it true dual?
-piping diameter?
-does anybody have pics of the exhaust installed on a Z?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Topics merged; this will help people find the thread easier to read.

As for the answers, it is a 60-70mm pipe. Looks like it's true dual but one site mentions a y-pipe for the Evo2, which is weird. I've seen decent pics of it underneath the Z, but I can't seem to find those at the moment.

Zivman used to have that exhaust. Might want to send him a PM.

·
Registered
728 Posts
hi all. Just have a few questions on the Greddy Evo2 exhaust?
-Is it true dual?
-piping diameter?
-does anybody have pics of the exhaust installed on a Z?

it is a dual exhaust with an incorporated X-pipe, so your traditional 'true dual' it is not. This is a good thing for n/a

piping diameter is about 2.5" OD for the dual section and about 3" or slightly larger in the X-pipe section.

pics (not my car)

X-pipe Section:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Completed install of Greddy Evo2 on my 2003 Track yesterday, with the excellent technical assistance of Zivman's PM's

I like the "tone" of the exhaust very much, however I didn't realize how loud it would be, and the sound clips definitely do not give you the "true" picture.

Sound is very deep and definitely not raspy or unpleasant.

Did not do Dyno before or after based on forum statements which indicate insignificant gains.

I am very happy with the fit and quality of the system.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Completed install of Greddy Evo2 on my 2003 Track yesterday, with the excellent technical assistance of Zivman's PM's

I like the "tone" of the exhaust very much, however I didn't realize how loud it would be, and the sound clips definitely do not give you the "true" picture.

Sound is very deep and definitely not raspy or unpleasant.

Did not do Dyno before or after based on forum statements which indicate insignificant gains.
I am very happy with the fit and quality of the system.
Are you running test pipes with it?

When I had my stock cats, I thought the exhaust was only a little louder than stock. It definitely woke up with test pipes though. that said, the note is very controlled and has no drone in the cabin.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No test pipes- stock Cats.

Just used to very quiet stock exhaust.

Do hear inside car more than stock , but not objectionable.

·
Registered
728 Posts
No test pipes- stock Cats.

Just used to very quiet stock exhaust.

Do hear inside car more than stock , but not objectionable.
The greddy is one of the quitest exhaust out there, especially on stock cats.

Good thing you didn't get the injen or pro-1

1 - 20 of 22 Posts