Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally received my dash kit this past thursday and installed it on friday night and saturday morning. almost didn't receive it because it was accidently sent to some address that wasn't mine. luckily i caught it in time and the post office was able to bring it back before it was returned to sender.

first off, the packaging was fine, no problems with that. the carbon fiber weave was pretty good except for a hazy area on the piece that surrounds the shifter (i am working with JDMZ33 on this issue). the kit fit very well with some minor adjustments. one part that i couldn't adjust/fix was one of the corners that came up a little short (piece that surrounds the shifter). the top dash piece and the lower shifter piece mated well, this was my main concern prior to receiving the kit.

the install was not difficult and required some dremeling, no too tough though. I expected to make some adjustments so i was not upset. some of the pieces showed white where the CF was cut, i just blackened the edges with a black sharpie, no big deal. overall i am happy with the kit, it looks sharp!

oh ya, the door swith cover fit pretty good as well, i had no issues with them other that i had to use the dremel (door lock openin) on the passenger side cover. i will get pics of the door switch covers later. for now, here are the pics i have so for courtesy of backagain and his Nikon D70.

***the problem areas are not seen in the below pics because of the lighting and focus of the pics taken. i will post some pics soon of the problem areas.***

·
Registered
790 Posts
his seats are blue - looks nice. I got my money back before he sent the kit. I am hapier with my money.

~Z~

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by TPIACE@Aug 21 2005, 09:55 PM
they do look good, thanks for the pic

whats the surface feel like? do u feel a sharp edge inside the door grip when pulling the door closed?
[snapback]147818[/snapback]​

no sharp edges at all. surface is clear coated well so the door switch covers are smooth.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That looks hott.. How much did you pay for the entire kit? Install time? Niceeeeee... :goodtimes:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Aug 22 2005, 08:27 AM
What are you doing about the hazing?  I have a lip cover I got from them and there is hazing on it as well.  Also on my engine cover I got from them.
[snapback]147912[/snapback]​

When I make CF parts the resin hazes up under the sun over time. If you get it clear coated it lasts a LOT longer. Its the surface of the resin that hazes. If you get a machine polisher and buff it the problem is fixed temporarily till the wax/polish wears off again.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by MRballer350z@Aug 22 2005, 10:03 AM
That looks hott.. How much did you pay for the entire kit? Install time? Niceeeeee...  :goodtimes:
[snapback]147958[/snapback]​

the whole kit cost me $356 and some change plus shipping. i bought through a group buy from www.evo-r.net

the install time should be about 2 hrs if you are taking your time. might as well take your time and do it right the first time. i would suggest doing it in the early morning or at night with adequate lighting, just incase you place it down on the dash a little crrooked, you would be able to remove it and straightened it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by ZEALOUZ+Aug 22 2005, 02:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-MRballer350z
@Aug 22 2005, 10:03 AM
That looks hott.. How much did you pay for the entire kit? Install time? Niceeeeee... :goodtimes:
[snapback]147958[/snapback]​

the whole kit cost me $356 and some change plus shipping. i bought through a group buy from www.evo-r.net

the install time should be about 2 hrs if you are taking your time. might as well take your time and do it right the first time. i would suggest doing it in the early morning or at night with adequate lighting, just incase you place it down on the dash a little crrooked, you would be able to remove it and straightened it.
[snapback]148168[/snapback]​

That's cool... What do you think of just doing the base part around the shifter and the side door panels CF but nothing else? I'm thinking the whole kit might be "to much bling" for me... but I don't want to install just the pieces I mentioned above it doesn't look right. I want a classy look!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.