Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my ZED, but sometimes, especially when driving home late at night I wish I was in just a normal car (perhaps I am feeling ill?)
It seems that you always get to the red light in pole position, then you know the story, someone pulls up next to you, checks out the Z, checks on the lights, checks out the Z, checks on the lights, etc, etc.

Then the lights change and they floor it - LET'S DRAG..

Last night a kid in a Ford Festiva of all cars does this to me...If I wasn't so tired (and didn't feel insulted, a Ford Festiva for God's sake!) I would have sprayed his car with the rotten egg SH## from my lovely twin outlets. I just chuckled to myself and let the kid think he was a hero...something for him to tell his Grandchildren I suppose.

Owning a zed is 99% of the time a joyous experience, I sometimes wish (oops there I go again - feeling wousy, lightheaded) that some people refrain from testing out their cars against the power of the Zed, and instead just admire its sultry lines -
that's if they can keep up!
:shiftdrive:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Two word for you mate:

IGNORE THEM.

Just stay out of trouble and keep this to your self " My car is faster than your Festiva" ;)

Cheers and Drive safe :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
yeh i get that quite often as well mickyboy !!!! its mostly either P-platers in sacks of **** or older midlife C guys in monaros and volvos or TT's etc hahha..

I usually ignore the older guys and watch them thrash their car away from the lights but the younger guys are more fun, most of the time i can keep my revs low and use the Z's torque to pull away from them so it looks as though i am not even trying hahahaa while they are busy redlining their 70kw 1.6 litre hehe..

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep, I also had one of those 'older midlife C guys' as you described (although the same could be said about me almost) on the same night, although he was in a new Lexus is300 with his mrs (or mistress), I gave him a very good serve. He was left for dead. I shut down by the time I was shifting to third and already had 3-4 car lengths on him.
I just love the power in the zed.
I just wish I had the guts to go TT....I might give myself a B'day present next year.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can anyone tell me if the times pinned for the 400m strip in this forum - would that be equivalent to a quarter mile time?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the times pinned for the 400m strip in this forum - would that be equivalent to a quarter mile time?

Yes 400m in metric is 1/4mile imperial measurments. Well to be exact 1/4mile = 402.336meters. Though, at the end of 400m you will cover the 'extra' 2.3m in 0.05sec so it will not make any real difference to the times.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yep! you really have to watch out for us boosted boy's :shiftdrive: ha ha just kidding. :biggrin: Well I must say it's fun watching the guys in there Sti's in the rear view mirror just after you've blown them away, the look on their faces, is worth all the money I paid for the APS TT. They usally get a jumb on me (AWD) but man second gear, I just blow past them :finger: you just can't get enough of it, but of cause this is all fiction as I am a careful driver and a law abiding person. :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think it's great fun, especially driving home on the freeway and some P plater decides to play catch up and pull up alongside you - Our cars have awesome accelaration from 100kmh. Always good fun.

EDIT - accelaration up to 110knh that is of course - I dare not go any faster than that

·
Registered
303 Posts
Originally posted by ZTRACK@Dec 3 2004, 10:47 PM
but man second gear, I just blow past them  :finger: you just can't get enough of it, but of cause this is all fiction as I am a careful driver and a law abiding person. :)

:lol: :lmfao:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Originally posted by ZTRACK@Dec 3 2004, 05:47 AM
Yep! you really have to watch out for us boosted boy's :shiftdrive: ha ha just kidding.  :biggrin:  Well I must say it's fun watching the guys in there Sti's in the rear view mirror just after you've blown them away, the look on their faces, is worth all the money I paid for the APS TT. They usally get a jumb on me (AWD) but man second gear, I just blow past them  :finger: you just can't get enough of it, but of cause this is all fiction as I am a careful driver and a law abiding person. :)

David - once you blow past those STi's, slowing down and allowing them to catch up along side you just to look at their faces would be pure GOLD!!!!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ZTRACK - how about another write up on how your TT is doing.
I and others would like to hear more about the TT?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, David, tell us more abt ur APS TT, at traffic light, people always trying to drag, eg, wrx, hsv, M3, S13, 14, 15, Gtst...etc.

Also, many time ppl crossing the road acturally talking with me, ask me to do a burn out...etc, I just don't care abt them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts