Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do the European mirros on our cars look like? Do they have the blue-ish tint that the german cars do? Do they still have the stupid "objects in mirror" crap on them, or are there wide-angle mirrors available?

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
I can't recall ever seeing a pic of a Euro side mirror. The Gannadors' have a "bluish" tint but the viewing angle takes some getting used to from what I've read. I have a pic but it's too big. (can't resize on work computer)

Someone did this to increase the angle of view...

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
I read that the 35th Anniversary car is going to have a "wider" mirro? I dont know if that means a wider angle mirror or if the actual mirror will be wider.

FYI

Zach

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN+Nov 16 2004, 08:42 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-KShep
@Nov 16 2004, 07:55 AM
I have a pic but it's too big. (can't resize on work computer)

<span style="color:darkblue">You can send me the image and I'll resize it for you [email protected]</span>

You got it....the pic doesn't show the color of the mirror...but I'm pretty sure they are bluish tinted.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Originally posted by Redefined350z@Nov 16 2004, 10:45 AM
I definitely prefer the stock ones. I don't see how those would have a "better" view.

Those are mostly for aesthetics...cabon fiber overlay and quite $$$. The passenger side gives a slightly different angle...but I doubt much if any better view. Our OEM mirrors are fine if adjusted correctly IMO.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i think people try way to hard (in this case) to make the car look different..I Think the stock mirrors are beautiful...actually they look better than euro...that goes for the rx-8 as well..the mazda speed mirrors with the holes..just arent doing it LOLOLOL but..once again...

to each their own..but I would def save money for something that matters and looks good.

just mho

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not looking to change the mirror fixture, just the lens.... I like the blue tint and I like the extended visibility...

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I see what you're saying. Let me know if you come up with anything. I might be interested in getting something like that.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
thing is, side mirrors alone should not be the only thing you do when changing lanes. takes less than a second to actually look to see if there is another car there or not. had a few close call from idiots that just change lane and never once looked to see if anyone was there, even with those so-called "blind spot" mirrors. Though the light blue tint of the mirrors look decent and i am sure would help at night, what they should have done was have them auto dim like the rearview.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I've got 35% film on my side mirrors and I think it looks good. It's a pain in the ass to get it on there good though. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts