Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Eugene- those radiator/headlight/undertray parts don't typically fall off easily. What happened to cause such damage?
I’m not sure it looks like he ran over the curb or sidewalk while parking, or he hit a speed bump to fast and low . Passenger side is broken, drivers side is missing completely. Now I see why everything was hanging down . I overlooked this part of her when I was checking her out to purchase.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
When you start repairing these lower bumper parts, you'll find they all work together to reinforce and solidify the front end. But damage to one part (or leave one out) and the rest of these parts become vulnerable to more damage, and eventually to falling off completely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Here’s some pictures, as I get further along restoring her I’ll be sure to share my progress. Right now I’m working on the air intake duct,LH&RH. One was broken and hanging there the whole bottom , had fallen off (passengers side)drivers side missing completely. Since it’s missing parts of my splash guard, just hangs there. No way to secure it . I’m working from here forward and when it’s done, I’ll get to the back bumper. Then brakes all the way around. Then wheels and tires. Grand finale..... I’ll paint her ... Alright, you people are way kewl and I dig being here. and even more , sharing with all of you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
When you start repairing these lower bumper parts, you'll find they all work together to reinforce and solidify the front end. But damage to one part (or leave one out) and the rest of these parts become vulnerable to more damage, and eventually to falling off completely.
Yes I see that . It’s important to have everything done. Leaving one part out can lead to all kinds of problems. So I’m taking care of everything. I bought a Chilton repair manual. I hope it helps me out . Seems to be the best way to see everything complete.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Yes I see that . It’s important to have everything done. Leaving one part out can lead to all kinds of problems. So I’m taking care of everything. I bought a Chilton repair manual. I hope it helps me out . Seems to be the best way to see everything complete.
Honestly, the factory service manuals (FSMs) are the best at looking at all the parts, attachment points and order of assembly in many instances. Here's a link to the NICOclub FSMs that are posted online: https://www.nicoclub.com/archives/nissan-350z-factory-service-manuals.html

21 - 26 of 26 Posts