Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this while poking around the net today.. Looks like Esprit is rebuilding their website and this is a new product for July...

[attachmentid=9302]

Attachments

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is no information on the esprit website at this time.. looks like a plexiglass window also...

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
That looks pretty nice. I would consider doing both the hood and hatch, but the paint on the roof might break up the effect too much...or it might look odd. Can you apply tint to plexi?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
It weighs 11kg (24lbs), it's wet carbon fiber. It says the stock hatch is 33kg (72lbs). You can get the plexiglass in clear, smoke, or dark smoke (i'm guessing clear, tinted, and some darker tint) And it includes everything needed.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Nis350ZTT@Jul 16 2005, 09:37 PM
It weighs 11kg (24lbs), it's wet carbon fiber. It says the stock hatch is 33kg (72lbs). You can get the plexiglass in clear, smoke, or dark smoke (i'm guessing clear, tinted, and some darker tint) And it includes everything needed.
[snapback]132917[/snapback]​

where did you get this info? 50lb savings is great but at what cost?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Ouch!!!! 178500Yen thats $1,591.33 At todays Exchange rate or 170000Yen (the no tax price) $1,515.55

Oh BTW Translate text or entire Web sites with the Babel Fish translation tool.
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1500 is not bad at all for a dry carbon piece..

for reference, the Amuse Dry Carbon Hood is selling for $3,486.60

·
Registered
598 Posts
i know the process is a bit different from dry and wet press carbon. wet is generally cheeper but 1500 for wet, yikes.
i would also assume you loose your rear window defroster. not neccessary for all you warm weather types but i use mine regularly around october on. just a thought.
mdzowner

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not only is the process different, but the finished product difference is huge!

Dry CF layup gives you a much stronger/lighter finished product than wet..

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by mdzowner@Jul 17 2005, 11:42 AM
i know the process is a bit different from dry and wet press carbon. wet is generally cheeper but 1500 for wet, yikes.
i would also assume you loose your rear window defroster. not neccessary for all you warm weather types but i use mine regularly around october on. just a thought.
mdzowner
[snapback]132987[/snapback]​

true, good point for us northeners! :ahhh:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Originally posted by TOYKILLA+Jul 17 2005, 07:53 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Nis350ZTT
@Jul 16 2005, 09:37 PM
[snapback]132917[/snapback]​

where did you get this info? 50lb savings is great but at what cost?
[snapback]132960[/snapback]​

Babelfish. You just have to know how to interpret their translation. :lol:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
It says this hatch is wet carbon fiber. It's probably due to the glass + slightly lighter material of hatch. Also might be the reason for the higher price.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It says this hatch is wet carbon fiber. It's probably due to the glass + slightly lighter material of hatch. Also might be the reason for the higher price.
dry is the more expensive of the two

1 - 20 of 29 Posts